Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giving the wife a hello kiss or goodbye kiss or really any kiss for that matter :) hurts too...especially if the lips are chapped.

For doorknobs, I go with the back of the hand method first.

Thats too funny..... Ill have to remember that method next time. Ive gotten shocked pretty good in past winters, blue spark and pop sound and the accompanying pain.  :lmao:

So the lower the dewpoints, the more you get shocked?

Yup and depending on the clothes you wear as well.

While it is rare for it to happen... but people have set theirselves on fire and the cars on fire while pumping gas caused by a static shock. Thats the reason before pumping gas in very dry air one should touch thier car first(metal) to ground thier selves out first.

I never get those sparks when I want, usually startles me. Even tho it's the 18z GFS, it's showing cold almost like the Euro was the other day, love me some negative teen dewpoints. Maybe MBY will hit 0, probably not, if I can't get snow bring on the freezer :shiver:

Those that are unexpected hurt the most. I've had a couple good zaps in life caused by static electricity sometimes feels like touching something hot with about 110volts.

Giving the wife a hello kiss or goodbye kiss or really any kiss for that matter :) hurts too...especially if the lips are chapped.

For doorknobs, I go with the back of the hand method first.

Maybe you can help me with this Mr. Rain!  I was at an art show in the 80's, maybe, and I'm drinking a beer, which we were allowed to do, sitting out in the middle of the street.  Anyway, this kid starts yelping at my back while his parents are looking at my stuff, and I see he's glued his tongue to his frozen desert treat.  So I leap up, grab his pop sickle  pulling his tongue out, and pour beer all over it.  So he quits screaming, the pop sickle drops free, his parents look at me with their mouths wide open, and I sat back down.  Everybody within a 30 foot area was looking at me with a delicious melange of feelings for pouring beer on a 4 year old, lol.  I've worried to this day I may have made the tyke an old soak.   I did ask their permission, but mostly all I got was hysterical looks because they hadn't figured out why their kid was ballistic, lol, and screaming kids are fingernails on a blackboard :) What should I have done?

And, also, your logo still confuses me.  Will it in fact be warm?

The sound you hear is the laughter of the forums to our north.

Haha. I say ignore them. A lot is what you are used to having in winter. Also, pipes are a bigger issue down here vs. there for the same temp.'s due to lack of insulation. Heating systems issues are possible. Also, what about the homeless in the SE? Can they adapt as well as up north?

Of course, this means people, say in NC, shouldn't laugh at people in, say, south GA or risk being labeled a hypocrite. ;)

Santa Clause sitting at the pole laughing at us all.

Good answer, sir! Then again, everyone could get back at Santa in summer when he complains about the unbearable 40 degree record heat! So, it all comes out even in the end.

10 posts and 2 of them are about the Arctic Attack. 20% is just about par for the course. :)

Edit: Ninja'd again by Larry. Now it's less than 20%.

lol  I will now gracefully withdraw from this thread having said my piece.  I would like to announce that when it does get cold, I will post my temps in the obs thread. My post will include reference to any burst pipes or frozen homeless people I might find laying in my yard.

Weatherbell helps trapped Anarctica ship with a weather model request.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/12/31/wuwt-and-weatherbell-help-kusi-tv-with-a-weather-forecasting-request-from-ice-trapped-ship-in-antarctica-akademik-shokalskiy/

Next time they will likely check Dr Ryan Maue's products and Joe B and Joe D first!

Kudos to Weatherbell for helping out.

lol  I will now gracefully withdraw from this thread having said my piece.  I would like to announce that when it does get cold, I will post my temps in the obs thread. My post will include reference to any burst pipes or frozen homeless people I might find laying in my yard.

As far as I'm concerned, you can post your obs in the newly created sub-forum from hell... :devilsmiley: How is that for southern hospitality?

What kind of research were they doing to get trapped in ice? So silly. I guess research is worth risking their lives.

There were supposedly some Australian climatologists on the ship doing research. If true, that's a bit ironic.

Archived