joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh oh...now the confusion shows up. The amount owed in the finance office is not the same as the amount agreed upon at the sales desk.

Check and see that they only charged you state tax on the difference between your trade and the purchase price.  Sometimes they try and slip in a few hundred extra that way.

Their are significant dealer factory incentives, especially on 2013 models in January of 2014.

Vehicles have incentives all the time.That didn't just start last year . End of model year is always a good time to buy. Dealer wants to move unit before next year nodel is out .Most incentive are from the manufacture. Each new vehicle comes with an invoice.They are from the manufacture.

Vehicles have incentives all the time.That didn't just start last year . End of model year is always a good time to buy. Dealer wants to move unit before next year nodel is out .Most incentive are from the manufacture. Each new vehicle comes with an invoice.They are from the manufacture.

I was fishing for the word holdback, not the traditional incentives.  

Haha, no. :(

But I got my $3K back! And a little bit more.

Standard warranty is 3/36. I can pay $2300 for a full 7/120. I got them down to cost on that ($1285). So, extended warranty or no extended warranty?

Crap shoot.  How much is piece of mind worth to you?  Do they require "extra" maintenance to keep the warranty in full effect?  I'm talking specifically about the "recommended" 30 and 60K ripoffs that don't match anything in the manufactures service recommendations. 

How to tell winter is here.......                        So, I'm going to the middle shed to look for some rags, as the outside faucets I was sure were winterized turned out to be bared to the wind, and had hoses attached.  I enter the shed door that is cracked a bit for the stray yearling male cat that has taken up with us, and I scare a bird, not the skittish male cat, and it's flying all around in a panic, and finally decides my head is the safest place.    I'm standing in my shed, with a bird on my head, and it hits me....this is surely a sign of impending winter...not the models, not the seers, and soothsayers..but this, anomalous behavior from our woodland friends :)  I believe now...it will get cold!  T

I was fishing for the word holdback, not the traditional incentives.  

I find that works with all the girls...much more than the traditional incentives.  It says "I care about your needs too"!  It makes more happy for everyone :)  But I know you know that, as you are the consumate ladies man, also.  T

Crap shoot. How much is piece of mind worth to you? Do they require "extra" maintenance to keep the warranty in full effect? I'm talking specifically about the "recommended" 30 and 60K ripoffs that don't match anything in the manufactures service recommendations.

I think it's a good deal. There are a ton more electronics in this car vs my old one. I asked about the extra "must-dos" to keep the warranty valid, and it looks like there's nothing really, so I think it's good.

Anyway, the deal is done! Thanks for all the support y'all! If you're ever in Raleigh and need a lift, lemme know. And if I can steal the car away from my wife, I'll give you one. :D

Anybody up for a gtg at the Angus Barn, that's right near the dealership. I could drop it off for an oil change and meet you next door for a steak!

I think it's a good deal. There are a ton more electronics in this car vs my old one. I asked about the extra "must-dos" to keep the warranty valid, and it looks like there's nothing really, so I think it's good.

Anyway, the deal is done! Thanks for all the support y'all! If you're ever in Raleigh and need a lift, lemme know. And if I can steal the car away from my wife, I'll give you one. :D

Anybody up for a gtg at the Angus Barn, that's right near the dealership. I could drop it off for an oil change and meet you next door for a steak!

Is that the Angus Barn off of Glenwood near I504?

Congrats on the new ride!  ^_^    

Yes sir. Good steak. Not the best in the world for the price, but the experience is good.

I can handle that. Reminds me of something that occurred just after my heart attack on 07.  I had to go to group rehab for 6 weeks.  Saddest, most scared group of people I'd ever been associated with. At the first meeting we got the healthy eating speech. Pretty young nurse said the serving of meat should be about the size of a deck of cards.  The next meeting I walked in with these.  Changed the whole atmosphere.

Archived