Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the part I didn't understand is why they huddled around a little propane torch to keep warm.  Why didn't they use a propane torch to ignite a massive bonfire to keep warm?  It's gotta be much easier to start a fire with a propane torch than with matches...

I'm glad Notre Dame didn't get their first ACC win against Carolina.

Nicely played, Brick.  <_<

Dont see a winter storm warning....just a wind chill warning. Looks like the snow is a late pm problem. Rain during the game.

Edit- sorry....i see it now. They posted both warnings together. But the wsw looks to be a late afternoon deal.

lol  All I did was say they were under a warning for the game.  For the record these are the hours.

..WINTER STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM SUNDAY TO 4 AM

EST MONDAY...

So, the part I didn't understand is why they huddled around a little propane torch to keep warm.  Why didn't they use a propane torch to ignite a massive bonfire to keep warm?  It's gotta be much easier to start a fire with a propane torch than with matches...

Nicely played, Brick.  <_<

I thought the same thing   :lol:  

So, the part I didn't understand is why they huddled around a little propane torch to keep warm. Why didn't they use a propane torch to ignite a massive bonfire to keep warm? It's gotta be much easier to start a fire with a propane torch than with matches...

Nicely played, Brick. <_<

Not sure what these guys were thinking, very lucky to be alive. Maybe it was too wet to get a fire going, or they never thought of it?

How about this option... a bunch of morons. Too cold to be playing in conditions like such. Im sure they would but other issues to come with a bonfire. But thats how bad cases of pneumonia and walking pneumonia start.

Huh?  Are you sure about that or is it just something left over from your Mom telling you to put on your coat or you would catch your death of cold?  

I doubt they knew the tricks or had the tools to build a wet weather fire.  And who in the heck carries a propane torch on a ten-day backpacking trip?  I would have loved to have seen their gear list before they left for the AT.  I saw the interview with these guys and picked up right away that they weren't exactly the brightest.

I doubt they knew the tricks or had the tools to build a wet weather fire.  And who in the heck carries a propane torch on a ten-day backpacking trip?  I would have loved to have seen their gear list before they left for the AT.  I saw the interview with these guys and picked up right away that they weren't exactly the brightest.

A propane torch would have been a pretty good start.

Just going on what I read, the MJO is very complex.  There is often mixed MJO and Kelvin Wave signals (and likely other stuff) that throws off the MJO model readings...but if you get a true MJO signal into the favorable phases, it can help.  I don't see anything in the near term (from what I read) that indicates that the MJO will get going strong.

As far as high latitude blocking, most of what I read seems to favor neutral to negative AO going into Feb/Mar.  In the meantime, we wait.

Figures that it would wait until spring  (March). By then, most likely it wouldn't help us.

At 5+ pounds carry weight, there were better alternatives, but if that's all they had...

But even with a propane torch, sustaining a warm fire during heavy rain can be tough if you aren't experienced. They just didn't know what they were doing.

It wasn't raining. It was snowing in subzero temps.

lol All I did was say they were under a warning for the game. For the record these are the hours.

..WINTER STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM SUNDAY TO 4 AM

EST MONDAY...

Youre correct Burnsie. I was watching a game and read that as a 5pm start....not am. I would love to see heavy snow during the game! Would definitely favor my Bengals running game!

Archived