joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 2014 OBS and Discussion

ravensrule

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As can be seen in this loop - by the time the arctic front reaches us, the moisture will be gone.

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php

For DCA this arctic front will be far drier than a popcorn fart.

I'll be fortunate to see a low near 5 degrees Tuesday morning. Ten above is very likely. Wind chills will be zero. This is a severe cold spell for the northern plains but for us it will be considerable cold but not really much to write home about.

Then, we get to punt for weeks.

Right in the heart of the winter. I am really stoked about highs in the 50s and lots of rain late this week!!!!!1!!!!1!!

All year long I could hardly wait to get to experience a January with highs in the upper 50s and rain. I'll stay up all night to watch rain accumulate!!

Are peoples snow really all gone?

most of mine was this morning -- my high was 48 overnight, plus heavy fog and rain this morning. lots of drip drip drip last night, so i wasn't surprised to see it mostly gone this morning. Maybe 20% left, spotty in the yard and on the driveway

Are peoples snow really all gone?

most of mine was this morning -- my high was 48 overnight, plus heavy fog and rain this morning. lots of drip drip drip last night, so i wasn't surprised to see it mostly gone this morning. Maybe 20% left, spotty in the yard and on the driveway

Mine's about like Mappy's.  Maybe even less.  

GONE. yesterday morning I still had 3-4 inches. Temps rose all day and night to 59 this morning, Nothing left but a few piles and the drifted areas.

I mean mine took a beating overnight but I guess since we stayed below freezing until after 9pm I guess it held on a little better...North facing still solid...front yard is in worst shape but still has coverage..

I mean mine took a beating overnight but I guess since we stayed below freezing until after 9pm I guess it held on a little better...North facing still solid...front yard is in worst shape but still has coverage..

Yeah areas I-95 and east made it well into the 50s this morning, plus some heavy downpours overnight. Lol I should have taken a photo early yesterday morning and then again this morning. Felt like I woke up in a different place today.

10% coverage. I went above freezing by 10am yesterday. Hovered around 34 till late evening and it was hanging tough but then snow eating fog monsters took over. I was afraid to go outside

I think mine is all gone except for small piles and big chunks in the street left behind by the plows (hard to tell when you leave for work at 6:20).  I was at around 36 most of the day yesterday, and still had some coverage as of 10:30 last night, but temps slowly climbed overnight and everything got crushed.

Not really upset by it.  More upset by the fact that my lawn is now a bog.

Archived