joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 2014 OBS and Discussion

ravensrule

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a pretty cool area for diversity religiously and culturally. There's also a large population of Russians, and of course, a huge population of seniors. I'm not one of them yet but I like the changes I've done to my house in the nine years that I've been here, so I don't see me going anywhere. Besides, I can walk to just about anything that I need here including food and booze. And the biking just a couple miles west in the valley is pretty remarkable too.

By the way, since you know the area, I'm in Ralston. Bought an old house and renovated it.

39 on the southeast facing front porch, 37 on the northwest facing back porch.

I know where that is, I went to grade school at St.Charles on Sudbrook Ln. Definitely a convenient area to live in. I know a lot of Russians and Orthodox from my days hanging in Benny's poolroom ( Gentlemen's Cue ) located just a couple blocks south of the intersection of Slade Ave. and Reisterstown Rd. Oh, I forgot this isn't the banter thread. It's down to 33 here now.

I know where that is, I went to grade school at St.Charles on Sudbrook Ln. Definitely a convenient area to live in. I know a lot of Russians and Orthodox from my days hanging in Benny's poolroom ( Gentlemen's Cue ) located just a couple blocks south of the intersection of Slade Ave. and Reisterstown Rd. Oh, I forgot this isn't the banter thread. It's down to 33 here now.

My favorite pool hall, in my teens i used to spend half my life there. My favorite part was all the characters and the people playing the video poker machines used to scream, cash me out Benny. Do you remember Tyrone who used to hang out there all the time?. Oh yea it is 35 here.

My favorite pool hall, in my teens i used to spend half my life there. My favorite part was all the characters and the people playing the video poker machines used to scream, cash me out Benny. Do you remember Tyrone who used to hang out there all the time?. Oh yea it is 35 here.

I forgot to mention I still see Tyrone walking up and down Reisterstown Rd. occasionally.

Me and about 10 other guys used to give him a couple dollars a day. That went on for about 15 years.

Yes i know plenty of guys who did that, i used to give him some money here and there but not to your level. I did buy him something at DD every time i was there and he was as well.

That is hilarious, what a small world. I once lost $2,500 there on a Saturday night and i quit gambling cold turkey after that.

Back in the day, before my time there was some of the biggest action in the country in that little place. I witnessed and played in a lot of big money games but nothing like it was back in the 1970's through the late 1980's. I didn't start playing until about 1988-89. You will get a better education hanging in there rather than any college, but you might pay a big price for that education if you don't sharpen up quickly. Those days are long behind me , but I do on occasion sneak around looking for a fish. Got a little long winded but it's a boring right now waiting for the next set of models. If you were there often, I'm sure we crossed paths at one point or another.

Back in the day, before my time there was some of the biggest action in the country in that little place. I witnessed and played in a lot of big money games but nothing like it was back in the 1970's through the late 1980's. I didn't start playing until about 1988-89. You will get a better education hanging in there rather than any college, but you might pay a big price for that education if you don't sharpen up quickly. Those days are long behind me , but I do on occasion sneak around looking for a fish. Got a little long winded but it's a boring right now waiting for the next set of models. If you were there often, I'm sure we crossed paths at one point or another.

We had to, i was born in 1975 and i started going there when i was 15 so i started in 1990 until about 1996.

Archived