wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
January Forecast Discussion

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope it's -10 with blinding snow on Super Bowl Sunday.

That would be epic. Of course they'd reschedule as they already have a contingency plan for this. But I doubt they'd reschedule for a moderate 4 - 6" event. I remember back in 1986 when the Giants won there first at the rose bowl, during that game we received 5 - 8" here. Would be cool to see it snow during the game.

That would be epic. Of course they'd reschedule as they already have a contingency plan for this. But I doubt they'd reschedule for a moderate 4 - 6" event. I remember back in 1986 when the Giants won there first at the rose bowl, during that game we received 5 - 8" here. Would be cool to see it snow during the game.

For all this snow and cold hype for the Super Bowl, I bet it's going to be one of those crappy mild days in the 50s with either showers or cloudy skies like this weekend.

During the next month our chances of a real Blizzard or 2 in NY metro are much higher then normal - with the polar vortex modeled to  return within the next week or 2 and possibly phase with the southern branch as modeled on the Euro in addition the indicies are now forecasted to be in favorable positions - this pattern reminds me of 1978 ......

During the next month our chances of a real Blizzard or 2 in NY metro are much higher then normal - with the polar vortex modeled to  return within the next week or 2 and possibly phase with the southern branch as modeled on the Euro in addition the indicies are now forecasted to be in favorable positions - this pattern reminds me of 1978 ......

your right, who knows may be this will be a nice book-end winter.

12Z GFS is a miss, not that means much at this point ;).

Let's see what the Euro has next...

I am still digging out from the 12-15 inches the euro promised me last Friday and the 48 inch snowpack I should have by next weekend :cry:

I have not been to impressed with the euro recently. GFS has been cooking up it's dinner for a long time..

Miller B showing up at 144 , The Euro Control 500 MB hints at this next week ,after the brief 4 day warmup.

The pattern looks better than the one we had to thread the needle with the new years week storm. This is a legit threat that is going to be watched this upcoming weekend for sure. Bigger question for me is there any indicator in the LR that this cold regime will break at all and we go back to a period of warmth

The 12z Euro and the 12z GFS both see the big Rain with the 1st system Tues PM .

both models see that  theres a piece left behind ,  the GFS spins  it up closer to the coast , brushes our area and heads into New England .

The 12z Euro sees the 2nd piece but is more progressive and takes it East  off Hatteras and OUT .

With the PNA really expected to build, I have no doubt that we'll see a trough in the east with only a couple mild periods/days even if the EPO is more or less neutral to somewhat positive. Models still show the PV sticking to our side of the globe, so they'll still be cold periods and I don't buy what the 12z gfs and 12z gefs show at all in the LR. 

Archived