wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
January Forecast Discussion

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The run was as exciting for LI as everywhere else bro.

the pattern looks good after day 7...there isnt any wintry precip/snow prior to that...

140113193954.gif

I think the trough goes negative to early, without any blocking or a hP to the north we would flood with warm air. Look at the position of the low - that would likely dictate ESE surface winds (probably at h85 as well). Never good to see a wrapped up system in east-central VA. with an h5 trough going negative...can a red-tagger confirm this please.

To me that looks like an obvious mountains (catskills, Appalachians, Dacks and up through NE) snowstorm.

Edit - I think the culprit might be the ridge axis - its too far west.

Both the GFS and Euro have the weekend system and both have the 22 nd system . With a pos PNA , Neg EPO and the PV

forecast to come SE you have to assume you are going into a favorable pattern with multiple threats . Followed by

really COLD air  by D 10 thru 15 .

That doesn't happen that often around here too often .  You cant approach R/S lines 7 plus days out .

look at the pattern you are in , you are going  back below normal with systems on the EC .

Ace, just because you don't see any wintry precip at the surface, doesn't mean the mid levels don't support it. Starting with later this week. And of course the storm on the 22nd is very intriguing.

Your analysis of the 22nd system is incorrect, as both a 50/50 and transient -NAO are in place per the above. If anything, the mid levels support a much more robust snow event at the surface on the Euro. But these are details that are inconsequential so far out.

Ace, just because you don't see any wintry precip at the surface, doesn't mean the mid levels don't support it. Starting with later this week. And of course the storm on the 22nd is very intriguing.

Your analysis of the 22nd system is incorrect, as both a 50/50 and transient -NAO are in place per the above. If anything, the mid levels support a much more robust snow event at the surface on the Euro. But these are details that are inconsequential so far out.

850's are around 0C, give or take a little and ABOVE 0C for eastern sections. There is little doubt, BASED ON THE CURRENT EURO 120HR MAP, that its NOT snow for the majority of us.

Who is analyzing a storm that is 8-9 days away? Why would one waste their time? Look at the time stamp on the maps I posted.

I would never take this literally but its E of the Euro , useless to look at R/S lines this far out   point is the pattern supports EC systems .

All the models are seeing it . So just be patient .f216.gif

that is day 9....that will change 36 times. Looking past 60 hrs on the GFS is a recipe for disapointment

850's are around 0C, give or take a little and ABOVE 0C for eastern sections. There is little doubt, BASED ON THE CURRENT EURO 120HR MAP, that its NOT snow for the majority of us.

Who is analyzing a storm that is 8-9 days away? Why would one waste their time? Look at the time stamp on the maps I posted.

Who said the storm this Friday was showing anything other than rain for the coast? Lol. It's the mid levels that argue for further amplification of the trough. Friday is still very much in play.

and because you brought it up - 50/50 means 50/50 not 500 miles displayed from 50/50. Just because there is something in the, less than, general vicinity, doesnt make it so. 50/50 is just off the Labrador/NFW coast....also there is a very east based area of blocking...that is usually better for NE than us.

that is day 9....that will change 36 times. Looking past 60 hrs on the GFS is a recipe for disapointment

Huh  , you posted the 120 hr Euro. So that's not gona change but the GFS will ?

No bigger fan of the Euro than me ,  it been awful this year D7 plus .

You are the one talking RS line 7  days out , Everyone here is saying the pattern is great .

You brought up RS line  this far out which was comical to us .

Who said the storm this Friday was showing anything other than rain for the coast? Lol. It's the mid levels that argue for further amplification of the trough. Friday is still very much in play.

huh? Go back and read your posts.

Why anyone would be having an extensive conversation about a hr216 map is ridiculous...and how you could be confused about what I have been referring to is questionable.

and because you brought it up - 50/50 means 50/50 not 500 miles displayed from 50/50. Just because there is something in the, less than, general vicinity, doesnt make it so. 50/50 is just off the Labrador/NFW coast....also there is a very east based area of blocking...that is usually better for NE than us.

So, there's a 50/50 and blocking as I said. Might not be in the ideal position, but it is 9 days out. Regardless, you were busy telling us how the 6 day Euro is etched in stone? LOLOL.

Huh  , you posted the 120 hr Euro. So that's not gona change but the GFS will ?

No bigger fan of the Euro than me ,  it been awful this year D7 plus .

You are the one talking RS line 7  days out , Everyone here is saying the pattern is great .

You brought up RS line  this far out which was comical to us .

if I posted the  he 120 map, can you please tell me how that is 7 days out? 

huh? Go back and read your posts.

Why anyone would be having an extensive conversation about a hr216 map is ridiculous...and how you could be confused about what I have been referring to is questionable.

We said that the Models all see EC systems at 120 and 216 . 5 day day 9 ,  No one locked in types .

we just said the pattern looks great , that's all we wrote .

All the models see 2 systems on the EC  let it play out , No one setting anything in stone.

You are flat out wrong. We are discussing the pattern. The only person discussing surface details is you. Classic Ace, lol.

reading in fundamental.

ace0927, on 13 Jan 2014 - 2:15 PM, said:snapback.png

if you live in N-C NE, yeah its very exciting (as depicted for at least the next 7 days)

The run was as exciting for LI as everywhere else bro.

That was your response to my C-N NE post....

so please in your infinite wisdom explain what you mean when you refer to exciting - when I qualified my statement at being the next 7 days...

We said that the Models all see EC systems at 120 and 216 . 5 day day 9 ,  No one locked in types .

we just said the pattern looks great , that's all we wrote .

All the models see 2 systems on the EC  let it play out , No one setting anything in stone.

i understand, and I politely showed you why the day 5 storm is questionable at best...instead of any intellectual chatter, I just get bombarded with crap because I "rained" on wolfs parade.

So, there's a 50/50 and blocking as I said. Might not be in the ideal position, but it is 9 days out. Regardless, you were busy telling us how the 6 day Euro is etched in stone? LOLOL.

how old are you???

it cant be a 50/50 if its 62/62 can it now?

So let me understand this - the look can ONLY improve, correct?

Archived