e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January Forecast Discussion

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, well let's hope the confluence eases to allow another 50 mile north trend and then stops right there. Mid Atlantic is due. Especially DC area.

Thanks brother, kind of unusual to get a storm in this progressive pattern. Hopefully the region will not need to worry about rain with this one and verbatim appears to be a suppressed or snow-type situation.

Zero confluence on the 6z GFS it deepens the clipper east of AC bombs it as it moves towards cape cod there's 6 inch around NYC

but a foot near Boston

The Euro separates thes 2 takes the clipper through the flow on NYD

then develops a miller A and runs into confluence around 40 N and heads it east so it's Best snow is DC to Cape May and we r dry .

The GFS does have a 2nd feature at 192 ,( snow) but its a 2nd northern branch feature

I have a gut feeling the 12Z 12/28/13 ECMWF will have a 6-12 inch snowstorm for the NYC and LI area with amounts near 1 foot on Eastern LI, as it shows a much better track and less confluence.  Regarding 1/2-1/3 event.  I think something like over 6 inches of snow will start showing up more as we get closer. Cape Hatteras to near 40/70 type track.  Could this follow Nemo's 2/8/13 legacy last year ?  The 6Z ensembles off the operational on the GFS are very positive for this to trend positive.  My snowblower, gas, and stabilizer are ready.  Ear plugs are ready to be worn. Snowblower is ready to take this on...

Not sure I buy the suppression idea with a nuet NAO. The Euro s placement of the PV is the mechanism for the shunt ,

But with a SE ridge not sure if I believe a miller A is making a right hand turn at the mouth of the Delware bay.

Good to see both global s with an EC system

Isn't next Mo day storm, rain?

The arctic front behind the 1st storm is for real , with the EPO neg and the MJO heading towards 8 - 1- 2 as per Euro forecast ..   there should be enough trough on the east coast so the storm doesn't cut .  I think you will see storm 2  modeled further east as time goes on .

The arctic front behind the 1st storm is for real , with the EPO neg and the MJO heading towards 8 - 1- 2 as per Euro forecast ..   there should be enough trough on the east coast so the storm doesn't cut .  I think you will see storm 2  modeled further east as time goes on .

I hope so. One Boston local net has 46 and rain next Monday. I'd hate to have a winter with frequent snow events, but a snow cover that lasts only a few days. Hoping to build a solid and deep snowpack this month.

I hope so. One Boston local net has 46 and rain next Monday. I'd hate to have a winter with frequent snow events, but a snow cover that lasts only a few days. Hoping to build a solid and deep snowpack this month.

Models show Rain today , he`s not wrong , I think the Model is wrong  7 days out .

Then move to Minnesota or central/northern New England because climo just doesn't support a prolonged deep snow pack. Even the best winters often have a major thaw or warm up that eliminate the snow pack. You need a rare and perfect combination of teleconnections to build on the snow pack. 

Granted how long someone wants a snow pack is subjective. If you're talking up to a week, then I'll bite, but any longer then it's a struggle. 

Archived