Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 2014 pattern discussion

CapturedNature

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But those are so fun to watch---hoping against hope that the cold air will arrive before the precip shuts off. 

8.4/0

Usually the truncation causes low to just plow into NE anyways so probably more SWFE type deals. Anyways, this is why I said some storms may be close track. Should be fun to watch.

Ugh hope this isn't one of those deals

It won't be... the model runs are all over the place.  But it looks like storminess will increase again, so all we can hope is without any blocking in the NAO region, that the trough axis is far enough east to prevent the Inland runners.  I have a feeling this is going to be the theme this winter unless we can get a good -NAO situated.  Otherwise even like the last storm you'll have big arctic highs just getting pushed out of the way by lows coming out of the SW. 

They are. If that whole gradient on the 12z GFS was 150 miles SE its an epic model run.

The possible system this weekend though is likely rain if it hits.

Yeah I figured this weekend was rain regardless. Hoping for either nothing or snow at this point though.

But yeah your right, it could be epic or we could be so close but in a cold cutter pattern

Archived