joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/17 Clipper Observations

NorEastermass128

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

coating of snow, 18 degrees.  Most schools (except Fairfield) closed today.   Amazing to blow 2 snowdays in one week on 2 inch events...

No kidding. Roads are just wet thanks to the light intensity and typical daytime traffic. The town dumps piles of ice melt on the roads and parking lots at the slightest bit of moisture. They must have an unlimited budget for that stuff, but you can tell the state maintained roads like the Post Rd where it's just salt and sand.

No kidding. Roads are just wet thanks to the light intensity and typical daytime traffic. The town dumps piles of ice melt on the roads and parking lots at the slightest bit of moisture. They must have an unlimited budget for that stuff, but you can tell the state maintained roads like the Post Rd where it's just salt and sand.

even my road is just wet, and we're a tertiary road.   Would have gone to school and dismissed early.  If Jan/Feb/Mar are bad, those that blew 2 snow days in the last week will regret it.  I'm figuring our super came from Alaska.   This is a big turnaround from the last few years...but maybe going to June 30th a few years will do that....

I can't understand schools early release right into the middle of this.

Seems like they play a game with these morning arrival storms where they don't cancel early so the kids go in then they go with early closing so we parents all have to scramble to get the kiddos.....in this way the day doesn't have to be made up later.....I knew this morning when I dropped my daughter off I'd be back at 1:00....same as last Tuesday.....ugh

Just got the call for early closing.....:axe:

Archived