joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 17th Clipper Discussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is nothing not to like if you are keeping expectations reasonable. Hopefullky this isn't something where the 00z gfs regresses after getting weenie hopes up.

Yes I know that is a double negative.

I try to avoid any expectations really. And w this one i think the only reasonable expectation that it will be now cast.

HFD has a shot of beating the Sat night-Sunday event :lol:

Might have to adjust my 2-4'' zone to 3-5'' but I might just stick with the 2-4''.  Not very often (probably never) have I composed a map and not made any adjustments at all lol.  If anything I would perhaps expand my 4-6'' zone a tad further west into extreme NE CT border

Well hopefully the euro is on board later.  The first s/w initiates cyclogenesis, but the forcing is so strong from the second one that it sort of consolidates the low SE of the Cape.

I think its gonna be tough to tug all that baroclinicity back SW...but if it goes nuts enough, then it has a chance. If that 2nd s/w is 'roided up enough and the first one is weak enough, then I'll believe it. Something tells me the mid-level dryslot will rip through fast and we'll be left with inverted torugh low level snow for several hours afterward.

Weird break in the QPF panels, though -- it should have ripped in interior NE CT and Mass, but it has a kind of negative node there. Interesting. It even affects some eastern zones, too.

Yeah qpf fields look a little odd. I dunno... Meh. I think outside of far eastern areas this has a model fantasy over reality look.

I think its gonna be tough to tug all that baroclinicity back SW...but if it goes nuts enough, then it has a chance. If that 2nd s/w is 'roided up enough and the first one is weak enough, then I'll believe it. Something tells me the mid-level dryslot will rip through fast and we'll be left with inverted torugh low level snow for several hours afterward.

It becomes almost mid level frontogenesis dominated. The good WAA from the CCB is more across Maine. I honestly don't know what to think. You usually gamble when you are relying on mid level synoptics to give you snow. I feel like this is something where it climaxes now on the GFS and the 06z and 12z runs come back down to reality, but maybe it's right. It wouldn't be the first time I guess.

I'm pretty useless most of the time now but I'm still okay with seeing a trend.  Wasn't paying much attention to this one until this evening....flipping through todays' runs it's clear that first wave gets smashed by the diving big dog.

I really like where this is going....

I'm still a little uncertain with this. I'm intrigued for sure...but something seems off. 

I'm still a little uncertain with this. I'm intrigued for sure...but something seems off. 

IMO what's off is the final solution which comes overnight...a much more amped solution that matches the dynamics.  The Euro probably won't bite yet...remember last night at 0z it was totally befuzzled and had a strung out east to west low before at least coming back to the first strike system.

All the money is on the last horse in the race.  I think the first one continues to get stomped out in later runs.

It'll be great when this wraps up enough that I rain....

Holy crap, classic just classic run. Let's hope the Euro believes.

Euro...meh.  It was one of the last to come far NW on this last one...one of the last to get on board with that early November snow...one of the last to get on board with this one.  Not having a Euro winter so far.

Unless the GFS and NAM have gotten into the crack again I like where this is going.  NAM should have been better but it's the NAM.

The first low isn't going to get away or even be much of anything.  The next s/w is basically negative and takes over.  Great situation.

Archived