joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter Thread 2

H2O

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, I mean come on it is pretty obvious it is total accumulation through the whole run, which included 21Z on.

Here is the SREF link. Click it and watch the total precip start with the rain from tonight first.

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~fxg1/SREF21PCNTOTNE_21z/srefloop.html

Yeah she's not seeing it includes the rain from 21z and on this afternoon and evening. Its pretty simple.

**clears throat** .....

oh yeah, sorry. 

meh.. I'm an NWS/NOAA apologist though I think I've annoyed people at a lot of offices including LWX. IMO the brightest minds seem to end up there. that may be shifting a little as there are more solid opportunities on the outside if not more opportunities overall for those looking.  i think it's a government problem more than a noaa one. too much time inside the box.

I've been out of internet range since about 5pm....looks like they called the event off? Haven't checked wxsynopsis yet

Legetter Weather says we're still on.   IN ALL CAPS.   They're even honking for Tuesday.   Basing their forecast 100% on the 84 hour NAM.  That's like eating deodorant.  

I'm 27 years old, been looking at the models since March 2001 (yeah, great freaking timing). Hell I remember ji & Noreaster posting about the March 4-6 2001 threat a week in advance. 

After all these years, the one thing  I promised myself was to NEVER EVER use the NAM for a forecast EVER again. I've looked at this p.o.s model long enough. 

While many disagree I tend to still look at models 12 hours before a storm. There's been many storms in the last few years where, for example, the 6z NAM is still showing 1" QPF for my area while GFS/EURO say .4-.5...while the storm is just beginning. Then the 12z NAM readjusts down to GFS/EURO totals. I hate this model, and wish the ETA was back...Just wanted to vent. 

Legetter Weather says we're still on.   IN ALL CAPS.   They're even honking for Tuesday.   Basing their forecast 100% on the 84 hour NAM.  That's like eating deodorant.  

*********************************H2Oer Weather Multipler Asterisker Alerter*********************************

10AM ZULU EASTERN MOUNTAIN HAWAIIAN TIME

06Z NAMGFSBFD MODEL SUITS STILL SHOWING "THAT WINTER IS COMING" AND WE WILL BE FACING WHITE WALKERS FROM SUNDAY THRU MONDAY.  ICE DEATH PEOPLE WITH BLUE EYES WILL START FALLING FROM THE SKY SOMETIME AND WILL SLOWLY CHANGE OVER TO SHINY ICY DEATH PEOPLE DEPENDING ON LOCATION.  RUN TO THE STORES NOW!!!!!!!!! THERE ARE GOOD XMAS SALES STILL AVAILABLE.  WAIT, SORRY, GETTING SIDETRACKED.

PLEASE TAKE HEED THAT THERE IS NO ESCAPE FROM THIS NON NAMED STORM EXPECTED TO CAUSE LOSS OF POWER DRIDS ALL OVER ESPECIALLY IN THE SHENANDOAH VALET. FAUQUIER SCHOOLS CLOSED THROUGH SUMMER.  THIS IS A SERIOUS MATTER AND NOT TO BE DISMISSED.  FOOTBALL TAILGATING LOOKS TO BE RUINED AT THE RAVENS GAME BUT WHO CARES.  ITS THE RAVENS.

MORE UPDATES TO COME*****************************************     *******************************************

Archived