joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter Thread 2

H2O

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seriously wtf are you talking about with the second point? 

Posted 43 minutes ago
  • photo-thumb-9749.gif?_r=1386113290
  •  
  • member.png
  • 576 posts
  • Joined October 25, 2013
  •  

Anyway...I apologize for my NAM crusade...I do it every winter...if people know how to use it, good on them.

Yes you should.  Because see, you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

ohleary is one of those guys who probably should stick to internal workplace discussions because he can't handle any sort of criticism from morons. noaa is awesome overall but it seems to be somewhat common to the organization.

Breaking news from DT!! Huge ice storm!! OMGGGGG Oh wait he is an idiot and includes tonights precip too as the Sunday storm... DT ----->  :bag:

*** EVENING UPDATE ** Some folks have asked me about the amount of precip and ICE I have in the PURPLE and ORANGE ZONES... especially given how the NAM model is NOT that wet.

fair point. HERE IS THE 21Z SREF... TOTAL PRECIP TO 4AM MONDAY (The SREF,.... is a group Is SHORT Range weather Models taken as a MEAN that is useful to show TRENDS)

with this product we can see LARGE area of GREEN even over sw VA... western VA the entire Shenandoah ..into eastern WVA and into western MD... which is 1.00-1.25"

the LIGHT GREEN =1.25 to 1.50"

YELLOW= 1.50"

1488190_615993261781269_1897628358_n.jpg

uhhh...I have just over 2.0"  for today, so as much as I hate to defend DT, that isn't one of his errors here.

The sref is total accumulated from 21Z on not just for Sunday event. The run already starts will .75" in first 6 hrs. Only drops about .50-.75" from Sunday-Monday to get to these totals. 

The sref is total accumulated from 21Z on not just for Sunday event. The run already starts will .75" in first 6 hrs. Only drops about .50-.75" from Sunday-Monday to get to these totals. 

yeah it must include at least some from today.. plus 1.5" is still less than his forecast when you include snow.

What does it show? That thing was money with the early March storm

I really didn't pay much attention as my wife had it on and I glanced up at the screen. I think it showed no precip from BWI north until after 2 pm or something like that. Tony Pann the local on air met was still very vague about Sunday. I didn't realize the model did that well with last March's storm. I always dismissed the RPM as bad.

yeah it must include at least some from today.. plus 1.5" is still less than his forecast when you include snow.

I can't even take him seriously anymore. He is extremely rude and he makes terrible forecast. If he was right, i'd already have like 6" of snow this year. 

ohleary is one of those guys who probably should stick to internal workplace discussions because he can't handle any sort of criticism from morons. noaa is awesome overall but it seems to be somewhat common to the organization.

**clears throat** .....

**clears throat** .....

Ha.....careful, don't mess with the NOAA peeps from Suitland.

Archived