joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/6-12/7 obs thread

Bostonseminole

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

35F and nada up here. Pretty impressive bright banding down your way though.

I saw that on radarscope at first i thought it had loaded an old radar map by how bright it was.

Definitely some sleet mixed in with it still but everything is whitening up fast. And just as I type that the sleet is gone

Practically coated the ground here. Pretty large pellets too.

That didn't even remotely happen here.  At it's heaviest it was at best 50% sleet and the only way I really knew was by seeing it landing on a dark shirt, now it's mostly all rain with the occasional pellet. You got the heavier echoes on radar so that makes sense.

That didn't even remotely happen here.  At it's heaviest it was at best 50% sleet and the only way I really knew was by seeing it landing on a dark shirt, now it's mostly all rain with the occasional pellet. You got the heavier echoes on radar so that makes sense.

You should gradually have more sleet in the next 1-2 hrs along with snow near 06z if all works out.

Congrats NH/MA border. Derry is snowing and colder than me now.

Yeah, Ayer is not far from there and we went through a pretty dramatic dynamic collapse over the last hour.  Roads whitening here... Temp crashed from 38 to 34, and transitioned from steady cold rain to sleet, then a noodle fest, then 'chutes, now... all snow but the snow is icy in nature.  I am not seeing a lot of sleet -- if any -- but the snow definitely is falling through a boxing match.

Archived