northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
The "What To Title The Storm?" Thread - Dec 8-9

stormtracker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sounding in Fairfax shows 30 degrees... so the 32 degree line is prob just east of I-95 at 21z.  00z its around BR or so... looks like IAD is right around 32

Its a slow march westward for the 32 degree line between 21z and 00z

Do you mind running the sounding for CHO down here?  I'm curious how much precip we get prior to sfc temps going over freezing.

I'm up for the euro almost every night there is a threat

Matt, we kinda know how this "can" shake out regardless of model run variability. Some definite favorable trends with precip onset and amounts. Our all snow window is probably 3 hours at best. I'm kinda feeling the odds trending for good rates at onset. I know I'm biased and all but trying to put that aside I still see a fair window of snow before pingville before mud season. 

I think this will be a fun storm. That's my prediction and I'm sticking with it. CAD love all the way.

We usually do well with these CAD storms. I am really getting concerned about a major ice storm out here. I hope we get a few inches of snow before the changeover as that usually causes less damage to trees and power lines. The Euro would be ideal for us really.

GGEM is slower with the precip by a few hrs than the GFS it would appear, but also is colder.  GFS would have DCA threatening rain by 00z while GGEM says its snowing or sleeting at that time

Its looking like according to the GGEM, there is no changeover to rain per precip maps at 07z MON is light freezing rain (for us west of I-95)

And it decides to do some kind of half transfer looks like late in the run to a coastal low... don't think we have seen that before down here at least.  At 120, I-95 is the battle line between rain and freezing rain

I would say that GGEM is a major ice storm if you are just west of I-95 and westward

Archived