Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Arctic front and some rain showers changing to snow showers

ORH_wxman

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Intellicast has a nice depiction of the progress of this deal...

usa_None_anim.gif

Nearing the time I'll have to re-up my WeatherTap subscription.

Sorry for the delay, busy at work but here are the euro maps. Looks like whyat everyone else has stated. Rain to snow with deep RH and lift so should be a nice burst as it exists. Images starting at 09z tomorrow.

attachicon.gifflakes.jpg

attachicon.gifflakes2.jpg

attachicon.gifflakes3.jpg

Brings a tear to my eyes.

Is that supposed to show something?

First Winter weather related statement"

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA
424 PM EST MON NOV 11 2013

CTZ002>004-MAZ004>007-011>021-026-RIZ001>007-120930-
HARTFORD CT-TOLLAND CT-WINDHAM CT-NORTHERN WORCESTER MA-
CENTRAL MIDDLESEX MA-WESTERN ESSEX MA-EASTERN ESSEX MA-
EASTERN HAMPDEN MA-SOUTHERN WORCESTER MA-WESTERN NORFOLK MA-
SOUTHEAST MIDDLESEX MA-SUFFOLK MA-EASTERN NORFOLK MA-
NORTHERN BRISTOL MA-WESTERN PLYMOUTH MA-EASTERN PLYMOUTH MA-
SOUTHERN BRISTOL MA-SOUTHERN PLYMOUTH MA-NORTHERN MIDDLESEX MA-
NORTHWEST PROVIDENCE RI-SOUTHEAST PROVIDENCE RI-WESTERN KENT RI-
EASTERN KENT RI-BRISTOL RI-WASHINGTON RI-NEWPORT RI-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...HARTFORD...WINDSOR LOCKS...UNION...
VERNON...PUTNAM...WILLIMANTIC...BARRE...FITCHBURG...FRAMINGHAM...
LOWELL...LAWRENCE...GLOUCESTER...SPRINGFIELD...MILFORD...
WORCESTER...FOXBORO...NORWOOD...CAMBRIDGE...BOSTON...QUINCY...
TAUNTON...BROCKTON...PLYMOUTH...FALL RIVER...NEW BEDFORD...
MATTAPOISETT...AYER...FOSTER...SMITHFIELD...PROVIDENCE...
WEST GREENWICH...WARWICK...BRISTOL...NARRAGANSETT...WESTERLY...
NEWPORT
424 PM EST MON NOV 11 2013

...SNOW SHOWERS WILL IMPACT THE TUESDAY MORNING COMMUTE...

A STRONG ARCTIC FRONT WILL QUICKLY MOVE ACROSS SOUTHERN NEW
ENGLAND EARLY TUESDAY MORNING. BEHIND THIS FRONT EXPECT RAIN
SHOWERS TO QUICKLY TRANSITION TO SNOW SHOWERS DUE TO FALLING
TEMPERATURES. THIS TRANSITION WILL OCCUR DURING THE MORNING
COMMUTE...BETWEEN 5AM TO 9AM. THE DEVELOPMENT OF SNOW SQUALLS IS
ALSO A POSSIBILITY WHICH MAY RESULT AN INCH OF SNOW IN A SHORT
TIME. THIS MAY CREATE SOME SLIPPERY TRAVEL ALONG WITH POOR
VISIBILITY DURING THE TUESDAY MORNING COMMUTE.

$$

DUNTEN

BTV also issued a SPS for squalls... an inch or less valleys, up to 3" in the higher elevations.

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...MASSENA...MALONE...PLATTSBURGH...STAR LAKE...SARANAC LAKE...TUPPER LAKE...DANNEMORA...LAKE PLACID...PORT HENRY...TICONDEROGA...OGDENSBURG...POTSDAM...GOUVERNEUR...ALBURGH...SOUTH HERO...ST. ALBANS...NEWPORT...ISLAND POND...BURLINGTON...JOHNSON...STOWE...ST. JOHNSBURY...MONTPELIER...MIDDLEBURY...VERGENNES...BRADFORD...RANDOLPH...RUTLAND...SPRINGFIELD...WHITE RIVER JUNCTION...ENOSBURG FALLS...RICHFORD...UNDERHILL...BRISTOL...RIPTON...EAST WALLINGFORD...KILLINGTON522 PM EST MON NOV 11 2013...LOCALIZED SNOW SQUALLS AND FLASH FREEZE CONDITIONS EXPECTED TONIGHT...A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL BE MOVING ACROSS THE NORTH COUNTRYTONIGHT. EXPECT A MARKED GUSTY WIND SHIFT TO NORTHWEST WITH THEFRONT...AND TEMPERATURES SHARPLY DROPPING BELOW FREEZING WILLCHANGE PRECIPITATION FROM RAIN TO A BRIEF PERIOD OF STEADY SNOW.SNOW AMOUNTS WILL RANGE FROM LESS THAN AN INCH IN THE LOWERELEVATIONS...WITH UP TO 3 INCHES IN THE HIGHER TERRAIN. BRIEFLYLOWERED VISIBILITIES IN SNOW SQUALLS ARE ALSO EXPECTED. MOREIMPORTANTLY...THE POTENTIAL FOR PRECIPITATION TO FREEZE ONUNTREATED ROADS MAY RESULT IN TREACHEROUS ROAD CONDITIONS THISEVENING INTO EARLY TUESDAY MORNING.LOOK FOR LOCALIZED AREAS OF SNOW SQUALLS IN NORTHERN NEW YORK BETWEEN600 AND 900 PM...THE CHAMPLAIN VALLEY BETWEEN 900 AND 1100PM...AND ACROSS SOUTHERN AND EASTERN VERMONT AFTER MIDNIGHT.PERSONS WITH TRAVEL PLANS TONIGHT SHOULD BE AWARE OF QUICKLYCHANGING ROAD CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH LOCALIZED SNOW SQUALLCONDITIONS AND FREEZING POTENTIAL.

Looks like my morning trip to Boston will be a fun one, and break the new trucks cherry! possible first measureable for the microclimate of Winsted....

Good luck with the snow down there. 

What'd you get?  Come snow season, hope you get a load of sand to weigh down the back.  Nothing like a good set of studded snows to complete the ensemble.

Looks like some returns over the higher elevations.  Not sure if anything is hitting the ground, but perhaps its allowing for some evaporational cooling.  Could use some of that here--a painstaking slow temp drop tonight.

40.3/28

Thanks for clarifying.

If this were actually a storm, I'd be losing it.  For this, it merely merits a shrug.

Congrats, Bob.

42.0/27

I'll be up early to check for flakes in the floodlight but NWS doesn't even have Franklin Co included in their special weather statement for SNE. 

Don't worry there will be plenty of time to lose it over the next 4 months.  lol. 

Although I'm looking forward to the morning action I have no confidence in it as of yet beyond snow falling from the sky.  I think Scott mentioned the subtle shift SW in some of the models later in the day of the secondary "max"....hoping that was just american model noise.

That was the NAM. I don't really think anything has changed.

Archived