• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
November Banter Thread

H2O

Bag em up and no problem. 11 bags. Got my entire yard done. Now all cleaned up for the first magical snowfall whenever that is going to be :(

photo.JPG

Mowing them is a good option. Helps your grass too. When you're talking about leaves from literally dozens of trees in the 80-100 foot range spread over two acres you have no other option. It takes time but raking would be ridiculous.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it took me about 4 hours to get my leaves up today....made a nice huge pile for curbside pickup....I heard some noises around 3:45...looked outside and the middle school boys were out jumping in the pile....ugh....right at that moment I felt like Clint Eastwood in gran Torino :(

Took me over seven hours to get my leaves up on Veterans Day - mulched and bagged (14 bags total). I had already put out five bags the previous weekend, and I probably have another two or three to pick up this weekend. I should be done then.

Cold weather season sucks.

Mowing them is a good option. Helps your grass too. When you're talking about leaves from literally dozens of trees in the 80-100 foot range spread over two acres you have no other option. It takes time but raking would be ridiculous.

If I had a large yard then yeah I would just mulch em up with my mower but I dont have a large yard anymore and no more mulcher mower :( When we were in NH and had 3 acres, I would just use my backpack blower and blow em all into the woods. Nice and easy

Check my pile Dave...I would need 20 bags+ yeesh...corner house always gets everyone's leaves...still a ton left on my trees too...sucks

Ill make sure I blow through em on my way to work tomorrow :P  Yeah you do have a lot of trees around you too. Youll be shoveling snow and they will still be falling.

Took me over seven hours to get my leaves up on Veterans Day - mulched and bagged (14 bags total). I had already put out five bags the previous weekend, and I probably have another two or three to pick up this weekend. I should be done then.

Cold weather season sucks.

One positive is I emptied my gas blower of gas so I can winterize it...switched to my electric one to finish up...my back hurts

Ill make sure you blow through em on my way to work tomorrow :P  Yeah you do have a lot of trees around you too. Youll be shoveling snow and they will still be falling.

I blew almost all my leaves today though with all our trees, there always is more.    I'll finish tomorrow unless Jason wants a thanksgiving week update. 

HOW MUCH IS IT GOING TO SNOW???

I heard Ji said no snow.  I suspect none or a not much but a few ens members do like snow so I wouldn't completely blow them off even if I think it unlikely.  Jason mentioned maybe doing an article but neither of us are yet impressed.  My article yesterday garnered one hype comment so I'm almost hesitant to do another. 

That hasn't happened since 2009, right? WHAT COULD THAT MEAN?

NO the leaves happen every year and there seem to be more of them each year as I grow older, I also think I've done a thanksgiving article before just as an outlook because it such a big travel week.  I now have a snow blower so I think you can kiss 2009 goodbye.

lol leaves. Thankfully what trees we have that do drop leaves are scattered around the yard, making cleaning up with the mower quite easy. The rest are all Christmas trees the old owners planted in the back part of the property after every Christmas. Kind of nice.

lol leaves. Thankfully what trees we have that do drop leaves are scattered around the yard, making cleaning up with the mower quite easy. The rest are all Christmas trees the old owners planted in the back part of the property after every Christmas. Kind of nice.

You're lucky,  I have woods on 3 side of my house.  The woods are great in summer and winter, not so nice in fall. 

I heard Ji said no snow.  I suspect none or a not much but a few ens members do like snow so I wouldn't completely blow them off even if I think it unlikely.  Jason mentioned maybe doing an article but neither of us are yet impressed.  My article yesterday garnered one hype comment so I'm almost hesitant to do another. 

Well, I got accused of being a photoshopper today if it makes you feel any better.  If it's going to be so cold on Sunday it better snow.

I do like a front laoaded winter better. Cold and snowy from 12/1 to 1/15 trumps cold and snowy from 1/15 to 2/28 for me.  Wating and waiting somehow diminishes the enjoyment when it finally does come.

I'd rather have backloaded.... a winter that ends well after a slow or warm start trumps a winter in which the rug was pulled from under me, it would feel incomplete. I'd rather have a snowless December than a snowless February.

Here they are:

1. Feb. 15-18, 2003:  28.2 inches

2. Jan. 27-29, 1922:  26.5 inches

3. Feb. 5-6, 2010:  24.8 inches

4. Feb. 11, 1983:  22.8 inches

5. Jan. 7-8, 1996:  22.5 inches

6. Mar. 29-30, 1942:  22.0 inches

7. Feb. 11-14, 1899:  21.4 inches

8. Dec. 18-19, 2009:  21.1 inches

9. Feb. 18-19, 1979:  20.0 inches

10. Feb. 9-10, 2010:  19.5 inches

Hence the reason most people who like big storms like the post 1/15 period.

Thanks for posting, though Dec 2009 had 18" and Feb 5-6 had 25"

9 snowstorms of 20"+ is impressive

I'd rather have backloaded.... a winter that ends well after a slow or warm start trumps a winter in which the rug was pulled from under me, it would feel incomplete. I'd rather have a snowless December than a snowless February.

We want our snow late December through the first week of February. Mid to late February and it becomes increasingly difficult to maintain cold and solid snow cover around these parts.

We want our snow late December through the first week of February. Mid to late February and it becomes increasingly difficult to maintain cold and solid snow cover around these parts.

I like Feb snow because it melts fast. And that's where the big storms live.

I'm totally fine with that, except I'd extend it to mid-February, which is when a lot of our best storms have happened.

Archived