Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
November Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a mom to an 11 month old today... where the f has the time gone?

tell me about it

my oldest in her 20's moved out at the beginning of the month....where the he!! did those years go?

I've teared up a few times the first week....tough

the only thing that saved me was how great it is for her to move out after landing a decent job in this economy

but I texted her yesterday after visiting that I should make visiting a habit to remind her why she wanted to move out and to minimize any feelings of being homesick!

The last 15 years of my life seem shorter than a spongebob episode. Wait till #2 enters the picture. 

tell me about it

my oldest in her 20's moved out at the beginning of the month....where the he!! did those years go?

I've teared up a few times the first week....tough

the only thing that saved me was how great it is for her to move out after landing a decent job in this economy

but I texted her yesterday after visiting that I should make visiting a habit to remind her why she wanted to move out and to minimize any feelings of being homesick!

I'm having a hard enough time grasping the fact that she will be turning one next month, let alone a. considering a second child and b. what things will be like in 20 years

I'm having a hard enough time grasping the fact that she will be turning one next month, let alone a. considering a second child and b. what things will be like in 20 years

Those first 3-4 years are exhausting in the sense that kids aren't very self sufficient and you have to watch almost every move. It's becomes much more fun and engaging a little later on. And certainly less day to day work. The age 6-12 years are awesome. Much less worry. When I see my 9 year old boy go out into the back yard with a hatchet in one hand and an airsoft in the other I don't even think twice now. 5 years ago I would have stopped him. 

Those first 3-4 years are exhausting in the sense that kids aren't very self sufficient and you have to watch almost every move. It's becomes much more fun and engaging a little later on. And certainly less day to day work. The age 6-12 years are awesome. Much less worry. When I see my 9 year old boy go out into the back yard with a hatchet in one hand and an airsoft in the other I don't even think twice now. 5 years ago I would have stopped him.

Years 13-18 are freakin awesome! My daughter and son are gifts from above

I'm hoping the sarcasm is dripping

Yup. Now that she is walking, all the time, she is even more exhausting than she was when crawling. She has figured out how to open cabinets, climb onto things (like our platform bed and a toy chest of hers). We really cannot let her out of our sight at all now.

I call my two girls(age 7&5) free range chickens cause they play in the front yard all the time doing whatever.  As long as there aren't explosives being handled I let them do whatever.  i will say that a few of their baby dolls have had some serious injuries tho but duct taping plastic is not nearly as expensive as ER triage.

Yup. Now that she is walking, all the time, she is even more exhausting than she was when crawling. She has figured out how to open cabinets, climb onto things (like our platform bed and a toy chest of hers). We really cannot let her out of our sight at all now.

Although the B isn't walking quite yet, she's been crawling for three freaking months and moves like a cheetah. Cabinets have been secured since she's all about them. The pup actually loves her more than anything now - he'll take the random pokes and pulls asking as she feeds him from her high chair. It's a symbiotic relationship.

Our newborn is now 2 weeks old and I learned pretty quickly where I now stand in the family order...

I pass gas and wife gives me a dirty look and yells.  Baby girl passes gas and mom smiles and says "awwww."

Congrats! Enjoy the time because trust me, its goes by wayyy too fast.

Although the B isn't walking quite yet, she's been crawling for three freaking months and moves like a cheetah. Cabinets have been secured since she's all about them. The pup actually loves her more than anything now - he'll take the random pokes and pulls asking as she feeds him from her high chair. It's a symbiotic relationship.

:lol: we adopted another dog last month, who absolutely loves dinner time. K is very good at sharing her cheerios with the dog.

Last week I was looking at pictures of my kids in snow over the last few years.  My daughter wasn't even 2 during the winter of 09-10 when my son was born (right after the 2nd February storm).  She couldn't even really do anything in the snow because it was so deep.  She walked out into the garage and the snow was nearly up to her head.  She'd walk around the driveway after I shoveled.  The next winter (10-11), she pulled her baby brother around the sidewalk on a sled.  He didn't much care for the cold.  It definitely goes by really fast...

Last week I was looking at pictures of my kids in snow over the last few years.  My daughter wasn't even 2 during the winter of 09-10 when my son was born (right after the 2nd February storm).  She couldn't even really do anything in the snow because it was so deep.  She walked out into the garage and the snow was nearly up to her head.  She'd walk around the driveway after I shoveled.  The next winter (10-11), she pulled her baby brother around the sidewalk on a sled.  He didn't much care for the cold.  It definitely goes by really fast...

My daughter was born during the great winter of '96......seems like yesterday, she graduates in June! where did it go..

PBR has been linked to memory loss. I sent the article to you. You don't remember?

:lol:

We may need some forum rules on who can start storm threads...

Well certainly we are not going to use the stupid TWC names in thread titles.  Those are for comedy value only.  

Archived