Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Pattern change lurking, discuss the upcoming weather banter and all

Ginx snewx

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is it the same pattern no matter what the set-up or wind direction is, as long as it stays warm or humid in SNE?  Does it matter if its NW flow, southerly flow, easterly flow?  As long as the dews in the 60s and 70s, its all the same pattern, is that what I'm understanding.

It seems to not matter how one arrives at the end conditions, just as long as the dews are high, then its the same ol' pattern?  Dews have definitely become the new barometer for whatever reason...temps are in the backseat now, lol. 

Agree to disagree then :)

Maybe it was just the wet pattern but IMO we've already started to change.  It rained here for 17 days straight and almost 50 out of 60 days.  Something has changed because it hasn't rained in days, haha.  Now its hot but dews have been low 60s which is a huge change from three weeks of near 70F dews.

What?! 

no, you're just flat wrong.  High pressure came in prior to this warm up with low 50s DP, down here, and DPs in the 30s in the N country. 

whatever..

What?!

no, you're just flat wrong. High pressure came in prior to this warm up with low 50s DP, down here, and DPs in the 30s in the N country.

whatever..

I must've missed that as dews only got into the 50s up here for about 24hrs, and BDL/BOS didn't see mins below 66F, with most of SNE not dropping out of the 60s at night.

But that may have been the start of the pattern change and cycling through of air masses dude. That weak high node broke the ridiculous 3-week humidity and rain. That to me is then the first example of something changing...now we are getting NW flow from 950 and up. We haven't had anything other than southerly flow and moisture since mid-June.

All the sudden we are getting some fronts and changing prevailing flow. Things seem to be moving around again instead of the stale pattern we were in.

I must've missed that as dews only got into the 50s up here for about 24hrs, and BDL/BOS didn't see mins below 66F, with most of SNE not dropping out of the 60s at night.

But that may have been the start of the pattern change and cycling through of air masses dude. That weak high node broke the ridiculous 3-week humidity and rain. That to me is then the first example of something changing...now we are getting NW flow from 950 and up. We haven't had anything other than southerly flow and moisture since mid-June.

All the sudden we are getting some fronts and changing prevailing flow. Things seem to be moving around again instead of the stale pattern we were in.

OT - what do you do this time of year up there? i don't mean recreational stuff...you still work for the mountain in the offseason? 

somehow 82/66 is the same as 93/72. 

not sure how...but somehow it is. 

He does this crap because you (read every red tag here) react to it EVERY SINGLE TIME with page after page of validating discussion day after day, month after month, year after year.  If it's not valid, ignore it.  In case you didn't notice he thrives on attention.

:lol:

there's a really good Wx Hype joke here:

Dewpoints have fallen into the upper 50s and low 60s around NYC with nw winds gusting to 20.is it really as bad as media making it out to be

The man's hypocrisy knows no bounds .... Also, he'll eat crow when the trough swings down into the Lakes and we get a more effect theta-e transport underway.  

OT - what do you do this time of year up there? i don't mean recreational stuff...you still work for the mountain in the offseason?

Yeah I still work up there but it's in a much more laid back manner...helping out with operations of summer attractions, occasionally working on stuff for the winter or attending planning meetings related to my winter work of communicating to guests daily operations and marketing collateral, and there's still some weather consultation but nothing like in the winter. I still do the Stowe social media which is why you'll see a lot of those photos posted on this forum as well, but social media isn't as big as it is in the winter when we do daily postings.

The winter will always be my love, as being the go-to person for everything snow/weather related on VT's highest peak...and it's impacts on mountain operations and guest experience. There's nothing better than 4:30am on the mountain checking snow plots in a blizzard by headlamp, analyzing snow conditions/moisture, wind transport and preparing daily communications with the public and within the resort.

But the summer is so much more laid back...my favorite days are the ones I spend at the top of the gondola at just under 4kft. Roll into work, grab a 4-wheeler for the half-hour commute up over 2000 vertical feet, do the maintenance checks on the lift and fire it up for the day. Then just sit back and watch the clouds roll across the landscape for hours....then at the end of the day secure the lift and ride the 4-wheeler to the base, missing out on the days heat in the low lands.

:lol:

there's a really good Wx Hype joke here:

Joe Bastardi@BigJoeBastardi36s

Dewpoints have fallen into the upper 50s and low 60s around NYC with nw winds gusting to 20.is it really as bad as media making it out to be

He spins cold year round... he gets mad at the media when they don't hype a snowstorm he thinks will be crippling, and likewise seems to think they overreact in heat scenarios, lol.

Yeah I still work up there but it's in a much more laid back manner...helping out with operations of summer attractions, occasionally working on stuff for the winter or attending planning meetings related to my winter work of communicating to guests daily operations and marketing collateral, and there's still some weather consultation but nothing like in the winter. I still do the Stowe social media which is why you'll see a lot of those photos posted on this forum as well, but social media isn't as big as it is in the winter when we do daily postings.

The winter will always be my love, as being the go-to person for everything snow/weather related on VT's highest peak...and it's impacts on mountain operations and guest experience. There's nothing better than 4:30am on the mountain checking snow plots in a blizzard by headlamp, analyzing snow conditions/moisture, wind transport and preparing daily communications with the public and within the resort.

But the summer is so much more laid back...my favorite days are the ones I spend at the top of the gondola at just under 4kft. Roll into work, grab a 4-wheeler for the half-hour commute up over 2000 vertical feet, do the maintenance checks on the lift and fire it up for the day. Then just sit back and watch the clouds roll across the landscape for hours....then at the end of the day secure the lift and ride the 4-wheeler to the base, missing out on the days heat in the low lands.

A friend of mines daughter is working up there this summer.  Last i heard she had been working the Alpin slide.

Archived