bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
Pattern change lurking, discuss the upcoming weather banter and all

Ginx snewx

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve's 2 major calls have been wins: feb blizzard and the pattern change that stuck. Nice going!

I am fully aboard your winter bus. My favorite part of this year was our GTG with Will, you and I at ORH discussing what was to become an epic period and how patience was needed. We fought the detractors back hard until 2013 walked in the door.

I am fully aboard your winter bus. My favorite part of this year was our GTG with Will, you and I at ORH discussing what was to become an epic period and how patience was needed. We fought the detractors back hard until 2013 walked in the door.

Lol...well pickles and I were skeptical of the (at that time) snow forecast by Will for BOS of 54 inches. As it turns out, he was low..lol. Yeah the pattern looked great but I admit that I was growing discouraged.

This winter will be remembered for a lifetime....it's coming!

Lol...well pickles and I were skeptical of the (at that time) snow forecast by Will for BOS of 54 inches. As it turns out, he was low..lol. Yeah the pattern looked great but I admit that I was growing discouraged.

This winter will be remembered for a lifetime....it's coming!

Pickles was soundly defeated in his bets but acknowledged  his defeat graciously. I am excited o see how this transpires. Great weather all around for your vacation and the foreseeable future. Sept might turn out to be the best month of the June-Sept summer fest.

Pickles was soundly defeated in his bets but acknowledged  his defeat graciously. I am excited o see how this transpires. Great weather all around for your vacation and the foreseeable future. Sept might turn out to be the best month of the June-Sept summer fest.

Pickles gets defeated easily and then lives vicariously through Powderfreak.

Where did July 2013 rank for ORH? Those in the hills of NE CT would relate more to ORH than BDL.

I mentioned this on the other thread but it was #2 for me in 29 years.

Maybe we can have a Dec '89/Jan '90 type flip and pull out a coolest August on record?  We have a long way to go...I think the record is 66.6° and we're at 72° but we're only two days in.  :wacko2:

I'm looking forward to seeing some 40s Monday & Tuesday mornings...

Interesting... I don't see 2003 in the top 10 at BDL... and 7/10 listed have been since 1994:  http://ow.ly/i/2KtKU/original

There's just different factors that play into the mean temp like high dp's preventing the temperature from dropping or warm average highs.  If you look at the years, not every location has the same years for the same ranking.  Here's my top warmest July's and you'll see many of those same years but I only go back to 1985:

2003  73.4

2013  72.84

2010  72.82

2006  72.7

1991  71.87

2005  71.8

1994  71.69

1993  71.65

1999  71.5

Notice how 1994 is now BDL's second hottest July and it's low on my list but it doesn't even show up in ORH's top 10.

I looked at the 2003 data and while the average max temp wasn't that high, again it was the average low that brought up the mean temp.  It had my highest average min temp until July 2013.  The average low was 63° while this July it was 65°!

BTW, my "hottest" July by average max temp is 2010 followed by 2003.  This July doesn't even make the top 10 in that category.

There's just different factors that play into the mean temp like high dp's preventing the temperature from dropping or warm average highs.  If you look at the years, not every location has the same years for the same ranking.  Here's my top warmest July's and you'll see many of those same years but I only go back to 1985:

2003  73.4

2013  72.84

2010  72.82

2006  72.7

1991  71.87

2005  71.8

1994  71.69

1993  71.65

1999  71.5

Notice how 1994 is now BDL's second hottest July and it's low on my list but it doesn't even show up in ORH's top 10.

I looked at the 2003 data and while the average max temp wasn't that high, again it was the average low that brought up the mean temp.  It had my highest average min temp until July 2013.  The average low was 63° while this July it was 65°!

BTW, my "hottest" July by average max temp is 2010 followed by 2003.  This July doesn't even make the top 10 in that category.

Thanks for all the stats!  Yeah, it's interesting how different some of the years are in this area compared to BDL. 

Archived