bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
Pattern change lurking, discuss the upcoming weather banter and all

Ginx snewx

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the Euro ens have been bad this summer. they missed the hottest July ever..In fact they had a trough over us when we had the 7 day heat wave and ORH hit 90 + 4 days in a row lol.. We don't have much faith in those things anymore.

The GEFS do show the warmth/dews coming back,,and they had a great July

cool is that your forecast? You and Tip still are humping that the Euro and it's Ens were wrong with the pattern change. Nope.

And the Euro ens have been bad this summer. they missed the hottest July ever..In fact they had a trough over us when we had the 7 day heat wave and ORH hit 90 + 4 days in a row lol.. We don't have much faith in those things anymore.

The GEFS do show the warmth/dews coming back,,and they had a great July

Wow talk about completely embellishing what each model suite did in July.

Believe what you want, we'll see if we get extended wam/humid conditions back again. I say no. Not with this pattern. Maybe by the 20th of August its possible.

I agree with Scooter, there looks like there may be a warm, muggy day ahead of the front passage Wed/Thur.

I'm sure they'll be a day or two where he will claim victory, but other than a low passing near or west, the overall pattern for now does not support sustained high dews for a while...I'm talking like U60s and beyond.

I'm sure they'll be a day or two where he will claim victory, but other than a low passing near or west, the overall pattern for now does not support sustained high dews for a while...I'm talking like U60s and beyond.

Yeah, anything meaningful in the DP category is >65F outside of storms.  Going to be loving this pattern for outside work and activities. 

it's the same tired argument day after day--you do know he's trolling you right?  He knows damn well there's no sustained heat/humdity for the next few weeks

I'll weigh in to clarify the GEFS and Euro Ens output for blizz... Both have a mean trough axis in the Ohio Valley 11-15 day with no signs of blocking ending in NW Canada. Raw 2mT output is normal to 2 below in New England on both models averaged out through the period. Slightly drier than normal precip output on both as well. 

I'll weigh in to clarify the GEFS and Euro Ens output for blizz... Both have a mean trough axis in the Ohio Valley 11-15 day with no signs of blocking ending in NW Canada. Raw 2mT output is normal to 2 below in New England on both models averaged out through the period. Slightly drier than normal precip output on both as well. 

there could be some higher dews with the trough out there possiblity?   Would think we'd have a S or SW flow here....

there could be some higher dews with the trough out there possiblity?   Would think we'd have a S or SW flow here....

You could argue the door is open there, coolest weather certainly seems centered in the Midwest and id assume some day to day variability around the mean composite I described obviously.. But I think will/scott 's points hold more weight in the persistence/lack there of for warm/humid anomalies in this pattern being shown.

This is interesting... En masse the ensemble mean from last night corrected down a tad, as it pertains to the NAO domain -- more neutral looking than positive.  I did see the Euro ensemble mean through D10, and what they suggest is a +NAO, but an interesting east-base -EPO ridge situated over the NW Territories of Canada.  That's a counter-acting signal there.  The latter teleconnects to raising heights in the OV-MA-NE regions, while the former EPO favors drilling a cut-off into Lake Superior at some point or the other.  

I suppose we could do both and just end up with a screamingly anomalous fast flow at mid level from the OV to NE. ...This all nearing mid month.  But, much of this is predicated on the assumption that those Euro means are right for D10 -- they could be over-playing the EPO contribution in all this, while down playing the NAO suggestion for more heights on the EC. Oy vay!  It may be a deterministic grind for the next week.    

Either way, that mass field oscillating has been going on across the last week's worth of nightly GFS ensemble output, making it difficult to have much confidence in the magnitude of any warm signal.  

May be some big convection in that period of time if that fast flow verified and sneaking warm sectors got in...

Archived