Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Pattern change lurking, discuss the upcoming weather banter and all

Ginx snewx

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sig trough with the WAR displaced east looks to allow more frequent air mass changes with the high heat banished south of NYC and confined to the Midwest, West. Days with easterly winds and rain will be below normal, days with SW winds will have higher than normal lows. On average after the heat breaks the next 10 days leading into August should average aobn. My thoughts JMHO

if it's in the 90s for 5-7 days...and then drops to the 70s and 80s...how is that not different?

Its different in that high temps are cooler. We've all agreed this is the hottest wx of summer, but another long period of wet, moist south flow wx isn't a pattern change. A pattern change would be if we had frequent fronts and NW flow

Its different in that high temps are cooler. We've all agreed this is the hottest wx of summer, but another long period of wet, moist south flow wx isn't a pattern change. A pattern change would be if we had frequent fronts and NW flow

Agree. Going back to 84/70 is not really a pattern change from what we've had for almost a month now.

sure it's a change. we don't have moist southerly flow right now. 

Northerly winds are making today feel more comfortable but the dews are going to be back with a vengence in the next few days. Regarding the pattern change, the 6Z GFS verbatim is far better than what we're seeing now even if it isn't a huge change.

Are we really going back into high dewpoints next week? I don't really see it unless I'm missing something. The weekend post-FROPA and most of next week looks a lot different than what we've had.

Perhaps well beyond that we return to more humid conditions, but through late next week, it doesn't look like that...maybe for a day or so if we get a weak low to our west, but it could easily be south of us too. The WAR is shoved way east compared to the last several weeks.

Have we had high dews for just about a month now? A pattern change would be to lose that and go into dry continental flow

Is the Bermuda high in the same place? Is the trough deeper? Is the Midwest ridge father west? Looks different to me. We disagree and not all mets agree with you as you imply. If I am wrong I will fully admit it but I say the ten day period from 7/21-8/1 is aobn with no high heat.

Is the Bermuda high in the same place? Is the trough deeper? Is the Midwest ridge father west? Looks different to me. We disagree and not all mets agree with you as you imply. If I am wrong I will fully admit it but I say the ten day period from 7/21-8/1 is aobn with no high heat.

he's drunk. 

Is the Bermuda high in the same place? Is the trough deeper? Is the Midwest ridge father west? Looks different to me. We disagree and not all mets agree with you as you imply. If I am wrong I will fully admit it but I say the ten day period from 7/21-8/1 is aobn with no high /quote]I agree no high heat, but we go right back to south flow after a 1-2 day break early next week as the trough again digs over Midwest leaving us on east side with moist flow

Are we really going back into high dewpoints next week? I don't really see it unless I'm missing something. The weekend post-FROPA and most of next week looks a lot different than what we've had.

Perhaps well beyond that we return to more humid conditions, but through late next week, it doesn't look like that...maybe for a day or so if we get a weak low to our west, but it could easily be south of us too. The WAR is shoved way east compared to the last several weeks.

You know how this game works... hype the dews if you can't hype the heat.  No pattern change until October when the brain switches to cold/snow.

I would consider this a different pattern than what we had...less humidity and higher heat and WNW flow right now.  Then it'll switch again come Sunday.

Does that mean pattern change and dry flow or does that mean onshore flow?

I think onshore flow, but it may be more E-NE. Sure maybe dewpoints may be in the low to mid 60s on the south coast, but that's a change. Period. Ridge is replaced with trough. To be honest, speculating dewpoints that far out is as bad as discussing lapse rates on a faux severe event 7 days out.  My guess is we return to srly flow again, but then looks like another trough moves in during the 11-15 day.

Does that mean pattern change and dry flow or does that mean onshore flow?

You do realize we have a N/NW flow right now, right?  Tomorrow its also NW flow... So how would an onshore easterly flow or a southerly flow not be a change?

This is the 12z initialization today...

gfs_namer_000_850_stream.gif

I think onshore flow, but it may be more E-NE. Sure maybe dewpoints may be in the low to mid 60s on the south coast, but that's a change. Period. Ridge is replaced with trough. To be honest, speculating dewpoints that far out is as bad as discussing lapse rates on a faux severe event 7 days out.  My guess is we return to srly flow again, but then looks like another trough moves in during the 11-15 day.

somehow 82/66 is the same as 93/72. 

not sure how...but somehow it is. 

Archived