• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dosent HM usually give his first winter hint every July 4th?

Ji

The less they're talked about, the better.

Ha!  Amen to that, brother! :lol:

I couldn't resist responding to a "winter" thread in...July of all times.  I thought it might be something for the Southern Hemisphere! :arrowhead:

Heck, here I was preoccupied with hoping we'll be able to avoid a bunch of 95-100+ degree days this summer for once, and there's already a question about this upcoming winter!

Ha!  Amen to that, brother! :lol:

I couldn't resist responding to a "winter" thread in...July of all times.  I thought it might be something for the Southern Hemisphere! :arrowhead:

Heck, here I was preoccupied with hoping we'll be able to avoid a bunch of 95-100+ degree days this summer for once, and there's already a question about this upcoming winter!

You do realize who started this thread, right? :lol: 

My call:

Temps: +.5 (-.5, 0, +1)

Snow: 14" DCA, 25" IAD - Biggest snow will be a classic Miller A in early February that will mix and turn to rain at DCA, but IAD will only go to sleet before finishing as snow.

Book it.

Ooh, can I play too?

Temps (0, 0, -5.) -.5

Snow: 10" DCA, 18" IAD, 14" BWI 

Snow scattered over a number of 2"-3" "trash can toppers" during the winter

Coldest spell will be a 3-4 day stretch of temps not getting out of the low 20's 

Trash can toppers FTW.

Car toppers with max temperatures in the 20s.  Followed by another very late season early morning event (a'la March 25 this year) that becomes our biggest snow for the winter.

March 25th is the new December 5th, only sort of in reverse. :snowing:

(In all seriousness, the snow we got this year on that date was in fact the biggest single event I received...4.0"...since Commutageddon in Jan. 2011!)

We now return you to the oppressive humidity of July.

Archived