joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Ridge Builds In - Humidity Sticks Around - Wx Disc

CT Rain

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ill also throw it out there that there will be a few days where we will see some 75-78 dew readings in mornings and evenings

If we can see the winds shift around to the west, we may actually see the dew-points slacken a bit. I could see a few periods with dews only in the upper 60's.

the interior could mix out at times. certainly realistic. 

I could see some of the larger valleys seeing afternoon dews lower than some of the elevations from the downslope compressional drying...of course it'll also be warmer though, too in terms of ambient temp.

It is raining right now.

It has rained on 47 of the last 57 days.

It rained on 25 out of 30 days in June.

It has now rained for 12 days straight with the lowest 24 hour rainfall being 0.16".

The most damaging drought in New England history continues.

wow.  Ugly.   The joys of NNE in a rainy pattern

wow. Ugly. The joys of NNE in a rainy pattern

Yeah it's been pretty crazy and we are all getting fed up haha.

We don't mind in the winter when it snows a T or more like that (usually Dec/Jan get over 20 days each with at least a trace of snow), but this has been nuts. Especially when you average like a half inch a day in some spots for 12 days.

That's the price we pay I guess to have the mountains in the backyard. If the moisture is there like it has been, we have the orographic trigger to initiate the storms on the more marginal days when they wouldn't form otherwise.

Yeah it's been pretty crazy and we are all getting fed up haha.

We don't mind in the winter when it snows a T or more like that (usually Dec/Jan get over 20 days each with at least a trace of snow), but this has been nuts. Especially when you average like a half inch a day in some spots for 12 days.

That's the price we pay I guess to have the mountains in the backyard. If the moisture is there like it has been, we have the orographic trigger to initiate the storms on the more marginal days when they wouldn't form otherwise.

A trace or 1/2 of snow doesnt ruin winter plans--people still ski or ride etc...in the summer, once things are wet, forget about picnics hiking etc-muddy mess.  Hope it dries out soon....

Archived