Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Ridge Builds In - Humidity Sticks Around - Wx Disc

CT Rain

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah...true, but I'm wondering if heights being near or exceeding 594dm, if the BL expands a bit higher than normal. Could be 825mb adiabat, and looking at those numbers on the sounding ...what would that support? Probably the same - HA.

I'll down load the data and take a look. Btw, TCU at ALB -- oh, man. How awesome would an outflow be on a day like this -

Yeah you could pull off a 98 with great mixing but that would mix out dews pretty effectively.

Yeah you could pull off a 98 with great mixing but that would mix out dews pretty effectively.

good point - mix out the dewies and what's the point.    In any case, the GGEM has been persistent in sneaky 20C pocket, appearing and disappearing along the diurnal cycle, so that may in fact flag mixing on that particular model.  

90/72 at Logan at noon.  Some of these numbers are impressive for round these parts, ...not so much for the T (we get 90 plenty) but combining with these DPs?

BOSTON MOSUNNY       90 72 55 SW9G18 30.16F HX 97

BEVERLY MOSUNNY      88 73 61 W7 30.16F HX 95

LAWRENCE MOSUNNY   89 71 55 SW9 30.18F HX 95

BEDFORD SUNNY           88 71 57 SW10 30.16F HX 94

BLUE HILL NOT AVBL

NORWOOD MOSUNNY    90 74 59 SW10G17 30.17F HX 99

MARSHFIELD MOSUNNY 90 73 58 MISG 30.18F HX 98

PLYMOUTH SUNNY         88 74 63 W12 30.18F HX 96

TAUNTON SUNNY            90 74 59 SW9 30.18F HX 99

NEW BEDFORD SUNNY  87 74 64 SW10G17 30.19F HX 95

Vt will light up but some sneaky potential in SNE as CIN erodes and atmosphere is very unstable.

Not surprising.  Wonder who loses their road today?  Two days ago the Lebanon, NH/White River Junction, VT area had the totals in excess of 3" with road washouts... yesterday it was the SE suburbs of BTV into the western slopes that picked up over 3" of rainfall and lost roads.

For each of the last 12 days someone different gets absolutely smoked.

This was yesterday's rainfall...

Over/under on amount of rainfall today or can we sneak a dry day in?

Here in Stowe we are only averaging 1/2" of liquid per day over the last 12 days.... meanwhile J.Spin's spot along the Spine axis is averaging just under 1" a day for the last 12 days.  West side of the mountain in Underhill is running similar.

J.Spin's house is floating down the Winnoski right now with 9-10" in the last 12 days.

Wettest drought ever continues.

Lol. Nice!! So glad to have some met support now. I honestly don't ever recall a period like this with prolonged heavy heavy dews for weeks or month(s)

lol...I had a 76F.

But I only report the lowest reading I have in the last 5 minutes. It looks more representative that way. After all of the rain we've had followed by this airmass and light winds in the vegetated countryside, U70s are just faux dews.

Huh, I just ran the NAM numbers and not even modifying the sounding I'm getting 2,200 CAPE by 6pm, with CIN critically low.   Oreographic lift over Kevin's pants tent would cause a thunderstorm in THIS octane.  

On the other hand, synoptically ... the 50,000 foot view one would argue that an enormous positive geopotential anomaly such as this ridge-pig would suppress.

Huh, I just ran the NAM numbers and not even modifying the sounding I'm getting 2,200 CAPE by 6pm, with CIN critically low.   Oreographic lift over Kevin's pants tent would cause a thunderstorm in THIS octane.  

On the other hand, synoptically ... the 50,000 foot view one would argue that an enormous positive geopotential anomaly such as this ridge-pig would suppress.

:lmao:

No need for AC in New England.Fans are plenty. Even when you have to have your sheets surgically removed in the morning.

I'll admit it, it'd be nice to have this weekend/next week, but we've gotten by so far. Most years it really isn't needed.

For some reason I'm liking today. Sure it's humid and hot but with how it's been recently this seems like a treat. I almost feel like shucking oysters.

I love the heat. I'm fine with this. Unfortunately my gf and 2 long haired cats don't fare as well.

Archived