Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Ridge Builds In - Humidity Sticks Around - Wx Disc

CT Rain

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember when you hated the heat and humidity? Acting job FTL

No I never did. Those old posts from Eastern said nothing about me hating heat and if I did I was joking.. I will admit as I've gotten older I like high dews in summer more and more,, but ever since I was little Ive liked hot summers and big bangers. I have sworn on my children I like this. I don't ever do that unless I am serious

Remember when you hated the heat and humidity? Acting job FTL

Here's what happened...  Kevin used to be a butterball, ...oh about 4 or 5 clicks back.  As he interacted with Eastern over the years, his only social outlet being a matter of convenience for his busy sales life (and family obligations), he began reading posters talking about their runs (workouts).  

As you know, large people overheat - or tend to.  It's called the porpoise effect.  

His remaining shred of self-dignity combined with the positive influence of the forum (now THERE's and oxymoron!) gave him impetus to turn his life-style around.  He starts working out...eventually, like all activities he engages in, to the point of obsession.   Running some 36 to 50 miles a week, or more!  150 lbs later, he no longer suffers the porpoise effect.  In fact, quite the opposite.  He actually needs this heat and humidity to maintain a 98.6F blood temperature like all reptiles.   

The attitude shift we've experienced/observed is actually rooted in a real, existential physicality differential usurping his original feelings about heat.   

Here's what happened... Kevin used to be a butterball, ...oh about 4 or 5 clicks back. As he interacted with Eastern over the years, his only social outlet being a matter of convenience for his busy sales life (and family obligations), he began reading posters talking about their runs (workouts).

As you know, large people overheat - or tend to. It's called the porpoise effect.

His remaining shred of self-dignity combined with the positive influence of the forum (now THERE's and oxymoron!) gave him impetus to turn his life-style around. He starts working out...eventually, like all activities he engages in, to the point of obsession. Running some 36 to 50 miles a week, or more! 150 lbs later, he no longer suffers the porpoise effect. In fact, quite the opposite. He actually needs this heat and humidity to maintain a 98.6F blood temperature like all reptiles.

The attitude shift we've experienced/observed is actually rooted in a real, existential physicality differential usurping his original feelings about heat.

Lol. I did weigh 203 lbs at one point in college. But not for a long period of time. What I just don't understand is why it's ok for me to love cold and snow and make naked frontal snow angels, but why im not allowed to enjoy a South Georgia summer like this one .

I love the heat. I'm fine with this. Unfortunately my gf and 2 long haired cats don't fare as well.

Like Kevin just said I've liked it more as time goes on. Also noticed I don't like that pattern of no sun and rain every day we just went through. My cat is also not the happiest camper atm, he hangs around outside with me but always in the most shady location possible.

I'm liking today because it feels like summer and the sun is out. It's hot summer weather. I just don't like the cloudy damp 74/70 regime. That's not a nice summer day. It's a waste of a good 75 degree temp haha.

If the dews are going to be high, it might as well be extreme feeling out. I'm all for nature's extremes.

I'm liking today because it feels like summer and the sun is out. It's hot summer weather. I just don't like the cloudy damp 74/70 regime. That's not a nice summer day. It's a waste of a good 75 degree temp haha.

If the dews are going to be high, it might as well be extreme feeling out. I'm all for nature's extremes.

Basically my thinking too. Its nice to see blue when you look up for a change too. 90 now here

Right because I didn't hate them.

You trolled posters that liked the heat and only posted about models that showed cool-downs. You started a bunch of threads that summer about canceling big heat. Just like now you troll the cold crowd and only post things that show heat. Just go back and read some threads, Internet search functions make it easy, lol.

What you liked I guess is never said but your posting style did a 180.

But it really doesn't matter now. I believe you like heat and dews now...and folks change over years. I like them more as I get older too. Being more fit now makes it more enjoyable too, lol. I used to be a big guy at 240 but now am 190. Makes heat more tolerable lol.

You trolled posters that liked the heat and only posted about models that showed cool-downs. You started a bunch of threads that summer about canceling big heat. Just like now you troll the cold crowd and only post things that show heat. Just go back and read some threads, Internet search functions make it easy, lol.

What you liked I guess is never said but your posting style did a 180.

After our big cane hit in September ill be ready for cold come October. As sure as the sun rises in the East.

Euro returns us to cut-off hell by next weekend lol

I'm wondering ...  It almost seems we are in a 5-7 day long period, sea-sawing between heat and that sort of look...  In this paradigm, we go from hot to warm and wet, to hot, to warm and wet.  

congrats

* AT 328 PM EDT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING ONE INCH DIAMETER HAIL AND
DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. THE STORM WAS NEAR WEST
BOLTON...MOVING EAST AT 20 MPH.

* LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO...
STOWE...WATERBURY CENTER...MORRISVILLE...HYDE PARK...WORCESTER...
MONTPELIER...ELMORE...WOLCOTT...CALAIS...HARDWICK

Wow impressive storm up here right now. Visibility down to like 1/4 mile.

Archived