• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Ridge Builds In - Humidity Sticks Around - Wx Disc

CT Rain

Did you have drizzle this morning? CEF had many DZ obs, but it looks like bogus sensor issues considering some were with BKN skies. I'm not sure I buy the current 77/77 either considering every other station in MA is pretty much 71-73 except for U60s in W MA and a stray 75 at OWD.

Yeah no dz.

The UMass Davis was 75 when CEF was 76 and in general it always is a degree or two higher so something might be going on. 73-74 is probably about right which is humid enough.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There could be some impressive boomers today across N CT/W & C Mass/NH/VT/E NY. 

Lots of instability... lapse rates that aren't in the vomit-inducing category... and a subtle 850mb speed max.

Will obviously need a trigger... but 500mb heights stay neutral through the day and I wouldn't be surprised if some sea breeze or differential heating boundary kicked off a good storm or two.

Lots of instability... lapse rates that aren't in the vomit-inducing category... and a subtle 850mb speed max.

Will obviously need a trigger... but 500mb heights stay neutral through the day and I wouldn't be surprised if some sea breeze or differential heating boundary kicked off a good storm or two.

Meh doubtful

78/72 - Mostly Cloudy.  Low clouds finally beginning to break up.  Nice (occasionally gusty) SW breeze keeping things in check temp-wise. 

Traffic getting in and around Westerly is some of the worse I've seen in years.  

Lines start at the beach entrances and are backed up for miles and miles in all directions.  They really don't seem to be moving much either. 

People trying to find alternate routes to the beaches are causing even more issues but doing u-turns and quick stops to see if any side road will get them to the beach quicker.  Police are doing their best to mitigate the situation but it's a losing battle right about now.  

Chaos is the best way to describe it.  Glad I did my errands yesterday!   ^_^

Actually... ridge is hanging firm. Heights fall a bit this afternoon and evening.

Yeah, it weakens a bit and sags south on the modes later this weekend into early next week and rain moves back into the area. I hope that means the dews relax a bit, I work outdoors and even though I like the heat this is just plain uncomfortable.

I feel for the throngs on the esplanade. All sun, hot as blazes, and dews in the 70s. I've never understood getting up at 4am to cop a spot but then again I could always walk down there and take the show in. Most spectacular ws the 1976 bi-centennial with 400,000 people, a racially tense city all in harmony for one day. Folks smoking joints out in the open. Now many of those folks are trying to stop the tide for legalization...lol.

We're heading to Princeton today..leaving shortly. Maybe we'll drive through some boomers as we traverse the GW.

Eh, today is pretty sultry. Not great unless you're at a beach or pool. 

eh it is but I love it!

Don't forget your jacket and hoodie.

Will have the light jacket with me just in case it gets a little chilly or bugs start harassing me.  Yesterday I got stung by a hornet...hurt like hell.

Don't forget your jacket and hoodie.

and scarf lol.

NAM sounding develops very good llv lapse rates later on, especially from ORE to ALB to HFD.  There is a shallow warm layer just above 700, but I would think it would be eroded by peak heating.  Instability is maxed further east though with E MA already 3000 j/kg SBCape.  I wonder if actually it turns out to be the 495 corridor from Rt 2 to the NH border that turns out to be the best combination of everything with some sea breeze convergence for initiation.

eh it is but I love it!

Will have the light jacket with me just in case it gets a little chilly or bugs start harassing me. Yesterday I got stung by a hornet...hurt like hell.

leaving walgreens i saw a shopper with a long sleeve light jacket at 11am. I wanted to ask her why she left parka and mittens home but i had too much fatigue after my workout. Right now sittin in pool, 83f water 90 f air and lovin it!

and scarf lol.

NAM sounding develops very good llv lapse rates later on, especially from ORE to ALB to HFD. There is a shallow warm layer just above 700, but I would think it would be eroded by peak heating. Instability is maxed further east though with E MA already 3000 j/kg SBCape. I wonder if actually it turns out to be the 495 corridor from Rt 2 to the NH border that turns out to be the best combination of everything with some sea breeze convergence for initiation.

id strongly bet against that. Central and northern vt fo bonkers this pm and a storm in the berks maybe one in litchfield hills imo

and scarf lol.

NAM sounding develops very good llv lapse rates later on, especially from ORE to ALB to HFD. There is a shallow warm layer just above 700, but I would think it would be eroded by peak heating. Instability is maxed further east though with E MA already 3000 j/kg SBCape. I wonder if actually it turns out to be the 495 corridor from Rt 2 to the NH border that turns out to be the best combination of everything with some sea breeze convergence for initiation.

I was actually thinking that area could be a sweet spot. Also maybe something spilling off the Berkshires into northern pioneer valley?

Certainly not problem with insolation - searing.  

Wow at NAM MOS with 98 for ASH over to BED for tomorrow.  Advisories should surely be promoted to warning if THAT transpires!  Particularly with DPs at or exceeding 70.

Certainly not problem with insolation - searing.  

Wow at NAM MOS with 98 for ASH over to BED for tomorrow.  Advisories should surely be promoted to warning if THAT transpires!  Particularly with DPs at or exceeding 70.

Might be tough to get that warm with 18-19C 850s. Would like to see a few 20c tickles.

Tomorrow is a torch for BOS. 

Might be tough to get that warm with 18-19C 850s. Would like to see a few 20c tickles.

Tomorrow is a torch for BOS. 

Yeah...true, but I'm wondering if heights being near or exceeding 594dm, if the BL expands a bit higher than normal.  Could be 825mb adiabat, and looking at those numbers on the sounding ...what would that support?   Probably the same - HA. 

I'll down load the data and take a look.   Btw, TCU at ALB -- oh, man.  How awesome would an outflow be on a day like this -

Archived