Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Ridge Builds In - Humidity Sticks Around - Wx Disc

CT Rain

ORH 73/70 now with south winds still...

Yeah we are 68/64 here, the BDF is like sititng over my head right now where I am 3 miles NNE of the airport. FIT just to my north is 64/62 with E wind. The mesonet shows it pretty well too.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wonder if some of this can transport up here! thats just insane

DISUCSSION...
The 00 UTC regional surface analysis showed a rather complex
pattern weather pattern, with a broad 1013 mb low over the north
central Gulf of Mexico, a decaying, quasi-stationary frontal
system from northern AL to the aforementioned Gulf low. Vapor
imagery and upper air data showed a 40% increase in precip water at
Tallahassee compared to 24 hours ago. The flow from the surface
to the top of the troposphere was from the south, tapping into the
a warm, moist, tropical airmass that extended well into the
western Caribbean. The global models forecast plenty of deep layer
Q-G forcing tonight, and the various Convection Allowing Models
(CAM) show plenty of convective bands as well, though we may see a
bit of a decrease (albeit temporary) in rain between 06 UTC and
12 UTC. Based on some of the new CAM runs (which show
extraordinary but believable isolated QPF bulls eyes of 1-2 feet
of rain from tonight through Thursday),
we bumped up our previous
storm total QPF a bit. See the "HYDROLOGY" discussion below for
details.

Yeah we are 68/64 here, the BDF is like sititng over my head right now where I am 3 miles NNE of the airport. FIT just to my north is 64/62 with E wind. The mesonet shows it pretty well too.

Just about overhead.

mesomap.jpg

Rad seems to suggest it finally has termed.  Interesting to see such a dramatic change be so relegated to such a short range.  But this is a remarkable positive bust for us up here.  I didn't see any model runs showing this.  It's actually gorgeous out side here in Ayer.  Natural AC

The turnaround on this air mass is equally dramatic.. The 00z NAM finally (it has to initialize it to see it!) sees the BD, but it surges eastern zones to 29C in the 2-meter by 18z.  It will be interesting to see if that works out now that it busted so badly on this invasion - may be more resistant.  We'll see. 

Not to mention he clearly posted a completely different way back in 2007. I don't take a thing he says seriously on here these days.

It will be interesting to see if the Euro ensembles are correct for mid-month...looks like it tries to bring the troughiness back east

You know, with your wedding coming up in a few months,, several of us have been texting back and forth. You've got several close, personal friends on here, and we're wondering if we're going to be invited to the wedding,,or will itkind of be the way you've treated me on here the last year or so?

70/70 this morning.  decent SW breeze

Not to mention he clearly posted a completely different way back in 2007. I don't take a thing he says seriously on here these days.

It will be interesting to see if the Euro ensembles are correct for mid-month...looks like it tries to bring the troughiness back eastYou know, with your wedding coming up in a few months,, several of us have been texting back and forth. You've got several close, personal friends on here, and we're wondering if we're going to be invited to the wedding,,or will itkind of be the way you've treated me on here the last year or so?

70/70 this morning.  decent SW breeze

Dq post for sure. The back door was quite pleasant. Natural ac after conds even too much for me mid day yesterday. They'll be back in spades.

Well, it was a nice 12 hour respite!  OWD already back up to 71/71.  I had the pleasure of riding thru the BDF on my bicycle yesterday on my way home from the train.  Crossed over route 138 in Canton heading east and within 100 yards I hit a slight headwind and the temp must have dropped at least 10 degrees in a matter of feet!  Really never felt anything that dramatic except on the beaches on the outer cape.

You know, with your wedding coming up in a few months,, several of us have been texting back and forth. You've got several close, personal friends on here, and we're wondering if we're going to be invited to the wedding,,or will itkind of be the way you've treated me on here the last year or so?

70/70 this morning. decent SW breeze

:violin:

Archived