• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July. High summer 2013-a humid and warm start. Is big heat lurking? Banter ok here.

weathafella

Well first heart attack moment with Bryce. Woke up to find his right arm virtually dead...just wouldn't move it and wasn't himself at all. It appeared he popped his elbow out of his socket. We called the pediatrician and that's what he thought too. No sooner we got off the phone, I heard a crack and he was back to his playful self again.  Phew.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man living on a hill FTW. The NNE wind is ripping through the windows.

When do we see pics of the ScooterPit?

Well first heart attack moment with Bryce. Woke up to find his right arm virtually dead...just wouldn't move it and wasn't himself at all. It appeared he popped his elbow out of his socket. We called the pediatrician and that's what he thought too. No sooner we got off the phone, I heard a crack and he was back to his playful self again.  Phew.

Hopefuly those movments will be few and far between!  Glad he's okay.

63.8/58

Both HFD and BDL had a low of 69 on the 9th, so Furey is incorrect on that one.

July has never had this many 70+ lows to start off July. 2013's 8 of the first 9 days with lows 70+ is by far the most. Next closest is 4 of the first 9 days of July which occurred in 2010, 1994, 1974, and 1911. This year also has a shot to have the most days with 70+ lows on an annual basis. So far this year BDL has 14 days with lows 70+. The most ever was 20 in 1973.

As far as streaks go, these are the top 70+ streaks:

11 days: 2013 - 6/28-7/8

8 days: 1975 - 7/13-7/20

6 days: 1970 - 7/28-8/2

6 days: 1919 - 7/18-7/23

5 days: 12 occurrences

and the top 67+ streaks:

18 days: 2013 - 6/24-7/11

17 days: 2010 - 7/6-7/22

13 days: 1938 - 7/26-8/7

12 days: 2003 - 8/3-8/14

12 days: 1972 - 7/13-7/24

12 days: 1912 - 7/5-7/16

With no end to pattern in sight looks like hottest July on record for many

Well first heart attack moment with Bryce. Woke up to find his right arm virtually dead...just wouldn't move it and wasn't himself at all. It appeared he popped his elbow out of his socket. We called the pediatrician and that's what he thought too. No sooner we got off the phone, I heard a crack and he was back to his playful self again. Phew.

Holy crap! That is a heart attack moment. Glad he is ok

Well first heart attack moment with Bryce. Woke up to find his right arm virtually dead...just wouldn't move it and wasn't himself at all. It appeared he popped his elbow out of his socket. We called the pediatrician and that's what he thought too. No sooner we got off the phone, I heard a crack and he was back to his playful self again. Phew.

I think there's a name for that...something like babysitter socket because it happens a lot. Glad Bryce is good now!

I think there's a name for that...something like babysitter socket because it happens a lot. Glad Bryce is good now!

Yeah something like that, Kids get their arms dislocated when they either slip and somebody goes to grab on so they don't fall, Its happened in my wife's daycare before

With no end to pattern in sight looks like hottest July on record for many

There is Euro Ensemble support, cannot post them here but let me describe what the 120 Euro ENS have. High pressure locked in off the coast of Cali, ridging into SW Canada. Intermountain West high with ridging extending well into the Atlantic promoting a heat wave across virtually the entire country, anchored by the Bermuda High. By 240 hours the Pacific high has reestablished itself well west and south of AK with ridging replaced by a trough in SW Canada. Intermountain ridging remains in place but a trough has replaced the Atlantic ridge with HP pressure now slid into Florida. The polar vortex has slid East of its 120 position now located SW of Green land from its prior Hudson Bay location. As a result of all this 850 temps are lower for us, flow is dominate NW with lower dews. Still summer not tropical

That happened twice with our son...he was older than your guy, but it was scary nonetheless

That notoriously used to happen to me when I was younger. I had that issue till I was about 4 or 5 years old, same elbow. Definitely freaked my parents out.

should be a decent heat wave but IMHO this July has not felt like the warmest summer ever as some have suggested, high overnight lows is a bootleg way to set records.

Is there a bootleg way to set cold weather records in the middle of winter ?

Is there a bootleg way to set cold weather records in the middle of winter ?

Yeah, almost the same way.  You can easily go through a period with lots of clouds keeping day time temps down and night time temps up.  Ginx is right though.  It has not been that hot during the day.  I don't have my records in front of me but I think I've only hit 90° once this year.  My long term average is 8 but I suspect that we'll come up short again this year.  Maybe one or two next week.  It's good to live in the wooded hills!

should be a decent heat wave but IMHO this July has not felt like the warmest summer ever as some have suggested, high overnight lows is a bootleg way to set records.

That's how it is done a lot of times though. 2011 is a great example. Probably 2010 as well. I'm excited for more heat to hit here. I don't mind these "cooler" temps right now before we torch again.

This run carries along with it an implication for much more than mere generalized discomfort type heat and humidity, which is what has characterized the type of heat that we've endured thus far this summer.

For those less than pleased for the prospect of high heat, they have been fortunate thus far that these ridge nodes, that have cyclically evolved over the W Atlantic before retrograding W, have not timed very well with a release of Sonoran/plateau air from the SW/W.  This time may not be so lucky.   

Also, if that synopsis, Thursday and Friday, verifies, that +20C, 850mb isotherm will verify to encompass our area, too.   The extremeness of that sort of set up will tend to be muted a little at a D6 lead because of perturbation alone.   Spatially though, you have a ridge approaching 600dm becoming fluidly connected to a source of very high heat content, so as the time gets closer and the perturbations that models engender on their own begin to smooth out, the extremeness gets exposed.  

That pattern has the ear-marks of a +22 to 24C, 850mb scenario, actually, and it would show in time given some model persistence. 

But, at a D6 ...who knows. 

Yeah, almost the same way.  You can easily go through a period with lots of clouds keeping day time temps down and night time temps up.  Ginx is right though.  It has not been that hot during the day.  I don't have my records in front of me but I think I've only hit 90° once this year.  My long term average is 8 but I suspect that we'll come up short again this year.  Maybe one or two next week.  It's good to live in the wooded hills!

Have had 10 days here AOA 90 but you work here in the city so you know how that goes.

Archived