• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July. High summer 2013-a humid and warm start. Is big heat lurking? Banter ok here.

weathafella

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta love it...never ending

http://www.capecodweather.net/cape-cod-forecast/

I hope we get the reverse for our area in January...never ending cold! 

The maxes aren't that bad but the mins are.  I've been away for the past couple of weeks and when I left it was cool with lows in the 40s and I return to this.  Argh!

I think we're ginning up a pretty warm July and probably the first part of August. All of the big 4 finished above for June.

So did CON/PWM.  Only CAR was under, by 1F, while BGR was right at the norm.

GFS has shown glimmers of cooler/drier around 7/12-13, but seemingly that flips on/off on alternate runs, so who knows if it's real.

Straight up swampy out there.  76/72.  Hit 73F on the DP earlier.

79/76 at OWD.  Not going to be a pleasant bike ride home from the commuter rail.  Mosquitoes at the Route 128 station have been miserable - it's right near the Neponset and there's still standing water all over the area from the rains of mid June.  Time to call in a chemical strike!

79/76 at OWD.  Not going to be a pleasant bike ride home from the commuter rail.  Mosquitoes at the Route 128 station have been miserable - it's right near the Neponset and there's still standing water all over the area from the rains of mid June.  Time to call in a chemical strike!

Make it 84/76 now.  :lmao:

at this point...just looking forward to the sun coming back out. hasn't been out here pretty much at all since last wednesday iirc. 

bring on the heat and humidity. hate running the A/C with 71/70F...all you get is that damp cold feeling in the house. if it's going to be humid, would rather 85-90 and 70F dews. 

I think we're ginning up a pretty warm July and probably the first part of August. All of the big 4 finished above for June.

I know some posters like Isotherm think July will be the coolest month this summer relative to normal. It might be hard to deliver big heat with cold anomalies prevailing in the Midwest. A lot of the Midwestern cities finished June around -1F, and precipitation has been way above average to our west which may mitigate big heat. It looks to me as if ridging continues over the Mountain West, which should teleconnect to a strong West Atlamtic Ridge and troughing to our west, continuing the warm and humid conditions with high temperatures moderated by convection and high humidity.

I forget exactly which year, but either 04 or 05 there was a sick mosquito outbreak on the Neponset in Norwood.  I worked on University ave there for several years but don't remember seeing anything quite like that. Literally brought in mosquito nets and had to dress head/toe for a few days, before they ended up spraying.

I forget exactly which year, but either 04 or 05 there was a sick mosquito outbreak on the Neponset in Norwood.  I worked on University ave there for several years but don't remember seeing anything quite like that. Literally brought in mosquito nets and had to dress head/toe for a few days, before they ended up spraying.

Yeah, I'm tempted to go with long sleeves and long pants even for the bike ride.  I ride on the other side of the tracks down Green Lodge thru Canton and Milton.  I must have had at least 20 mosquitoes on me yesterday while I was getting my bike ready.  Fortunately it started raining and that helped a bit.  Warmest rain storm I've ever ridden in!  I wonder if all the Neponset swampiness is contributing to the high dews at OWD.  74/74 to start the day.

Archived