• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July. High summer 2013-a humid and warm start. Is big heat lurking? Banter ok here.

weathafella

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone else getting the epic firefly displays? Right around now is the time of night.

Yeah, we have a Christmas tree farm down the street, and it's like looking at strobe lights of fireflies!

Humid nights just after sunset seem to be best...

Is anyone else getting the epic firefly displays? Right around now is the time of night.

We've been here 4 years, and I've never seen them like this. Some nights over the last week it's been a constant light show! Maybe they like the high dews - haven't seen many tonight.

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk 2

This weather would be great if I lived in NJ or places to the south where this is normal, but it would be nice to get some "normal" summer weather back with highs around 80 and lows around 60.  Even at climo's peak I'm usually 81/59.  I was watching the news yesterday from Chicago and they were wondering when the heat was going to return there and here we are wondering when it's going away!

This weather would be great if I lived in NJ or places to the south where this is normal, but it would be nice to get some "normal" summer weather back with highs around 80 and lows around 60.  Even at climo's peak I'm usually 81/59.  I was watching the news yesterday from Chicago and they were wondering when the heat was going to return there and here we are wondering when it's going away!

This very well may be the "new" normal

This weather would be great if I lived in NJ or places to the south where this is normal, but it would be nice to get some "normal" summer weather back with highs around 80 and lows around 60. Even at climo's peak I'm usually 81/59. I was watching the news yesterday from Chicago and they were wondering when the heat was going to return there and here we are wondering when it's going away!

Hot I the east, abnormally chilly in Chicago?

Looks like some weakness in the height fielding orates the temps at least and maybe more after Monday or Tuesday.

:lol: I guess that goes with snowless Marches and snow in October ruining Winter two months later.  In my mind though, Bermuda highs are nothing new.

20 more days till climo starts ticking downward!  They days are already shorter and a new snow season has begun!

:lol:I guess that goes with snowless Marches and snow in October ruining Winter two months later.  In my mind though, Bermuda highs are nothing new.

20 more days till climo starts ticking downward!  They days are already shorter and a new snow season has begun!

:lmao:

Yeah, it's crazy that we're working on close to 10 days straight with lows not getting below 68 degrees, and who knows how much longer that streak could last.  Like you mentioned, usually we cool off here even on hot days, it's pretty unusual to get such a long stretch of high humidity. 

Yeah, it's crazy that we're working on close to 10 days straight with lows not getting below 68 degrees, and who knows how much longer that streak could last. Like you mentioned, usually we cool off here even on hot days, it's pretty unusual to get such a long stretch of high humidity.

run of the mill summer wx in sne, nothin to see here, the silent stretch of above normal dews of late june continues well into july full of meh.

OWD was 75 and CEF 76 dews at 8am

Man I'm pumped for the winter. 120' ASL and the highest point any NE wind trajectory has. Should

Be heavy heavy winds. They got smoked here during the March blitz.

Awesome.  Start giving all your reports from .12k

:)

I never see them at the pit.....weird.

Yeah, it's crazy that we're working on close to 10 days straight with lows not getting below 68 degrees, and who knows how much longer that streak could last.  Like you mentioned, usually we cool off here even on hot days, it's pretty unusual to get such a long stretch of high humidity.

July 2010 BDL had a streak of 17 straight days with a min of 67F or higher and 21 straight of 65F or higher. The first half of Aug 1988 was wretched too. It happens.

July 2010 BDL had a streak of 17 straight days with a min of 67F or higher and 21 straight of 65F or higher. The first half of Aug 1988 was wretched too. It happens.

Yep...I made a not in 2010 that I turned the A/C off after 18 days that month.  After that it was mostly lows in the 50s again with some warmer nights.  I'm not going to complain about the following winter....

My favorite hype is that since this started, it's going to last for months and months.  If I've learned anything over the years it's that things can change from where you think they are headed and if it does, it's usually by fortune and not by anything else.

Archived