wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Swooning through June

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today was very nice, had some work for a few hours, but got in a bday party and hit the batting cages for a bit, that time outside was great in the eve, mid 70's. makes me wonder how i play'd softball in south fl w 630 start times and 91/76

Thank God that won't be around for a looooong looong time.

Give me a pool or a beach and ill take 91/75 if there is a big breeze. For me when its hot and humid give me wind! If its hot humid and no wind i dont want the pool , i want a gun. But i must say that sunday cpl weeks ago 91/67 or so with 30+ gusts was heaven by the pool

Thank God that won't be around for a looooong looong time.

As useless as the 18z GFS is.... man that is a weenie winter-time pattern.  No heat or humidity anywhere in sight and a consistent parade of storms.  Now before Libations calls us "bad guys" for even discussing a possible wet/cooler pattern, lets be clear this is just pure fodder and has nothing to do with what anybody "wants" ;)

But the pattern on the GFS just runs storm after storm out of the Ohio Valley into New England...with most of them (like every 3 days one rolls through) passing just south of SNE like Andrea.  H85 temps stay at like 10C throughout the period and it rains every few days.

You can see on the total QPF maps the swath of precipitation that accumulates to the northwest of all these lows it has.  It would be just a total nude party if this were winter with the tracks of these synoptic rain storms.

Yeah freak, the long range pattern definitely has room for storminess. Heck we are just missing a coastal later this week. As long as that trough doves SE from Canada...any heat wlll be temporary and/or muted.

We could still even get scraped by that coastal later this week. Euro shaves the south coast actually. But drier north winds may chew up the precip as it tries to push NE.

We could still even get scraped by that coastal later this week. Euro shaves the south coast actually. But drier north winds may chew up the precip as it tries to push NE.

Yeah still some time for that, but I would rather 78/55 lol. Either way, the torrid conditions remain well SW.

Absolute pants tent of a day...I mean raging. Had a nice aftn at Castle Island in Southie.

I went in the castle the other day also. Saw you made it on FB. Cool historical spot. It was mobbed up there. Its an odd crowd at the island with people from all over the city on Sundays, it's like a United Nations meeting. Saturday is a different crowd. All 20-30 office bound young people.

GFS is out of its teets later this week.

Looks that way. Should be fine up this way since we only got 2.25" in last week's event. So, our antedent rains are less pronounced. Of course, I speak from my perch on top of the hill. Folks along streams might feel a little different.

WRT to your GFS comments, what are you expecting end of the week?

Archived