joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Swooning through June

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, put in a pool, you will appreciate it but tons of added work load but you work from home so you will enjoy it more. I thought the sox split?

Congrats Steve...your family dressed you up nicely. A split for Boston couples with a win for the Yankees equals a game in the loss column net gain. What a lovely day!

Normal June wx this week after the rain with maybe a warm but not hot weekend after this week.

Scott N....worried about my departure tomorrow night around 7:30. A delay means we get into OAK even later than the planned 11:08 PDT.

Congrats Steve...your family dressed you up nicely. A split for Boston couples with a win for the Yankees equals a game in the loss column net gain. What a lovely day!

Normal June wx this week after the rain with maybe a warm but not hot weekend after this week.

Scott N....worried about my departure tomorrow night around 7:30. A delay means we get into OAK even later than the planned 11:08 PDT.

Think you are ok. Rain and lower cigs will be just coming in, but you may sneak out ok at 7:30.

Think you are ok. Rain and lower cigs will be just coming in, but you may sneak out ok at 7:30.

Thanks man! Yeah the progs look ok and since the storms are coming in via the wsw route the flight plan can go via NNE before we're west of them. Still worried about everything coming in early or a minor mechanical delay running into a wx delay. Oh well....

Thanks man! Yeah the progs look ok and since the storms are coming in via the wsw route the flight plan can go via NNE before we're west of them. Still worried about everything coming in early or a minor mechanical delay running into a wx delay. Oh well....

Yeah you can't help mechanical stuff.  Also, the real convection should be near PHL and south which is good. I suppose the convection may cause a possible delay with re-routing...but that doesn't seem likely imho.

Yeah you can't help mechanical stuff.  Also, the real convection should be near PHL and south which is good. I suppose the convection may cause a possible delay with re-routing...but that doesn't seem likely imho.

It seems to me that most of my west coast flights route north so hopefully that's the case. Thanks again! What a magnificent day today is!

It's a beaut here--a lot of puffy cumulus, but call it sunny.

67.6/54, breezy WNW.

Yeah I'm jealous...still thinking we can clear out to at least partly sunny by this afternoon.  Starting to get the mountain wave clouds to develop so we should see some breaks downstream of the Spine. 

Its the usual WNW surface flow clouds... CT River Valley really shows up nicely up into eastern VT with the downslope clearing.

Comfy temps, but too many clouds for my liking so far. Up to 73F.

COC here, debris cleanup day from Typhoon Andrea, man rivers are raging, no tubing today. Yesterday saw an awesome natural water slide on RT 14 in Scotland CT, about 200 yards long, wish I didn't have a tux on would have hit it. With the 2 plus advertised got to think rivers will flood. Have to check FFG

2 to 3 inches of rain again thats all we need!

• Rain likely, mainly after 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 8 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
  • Monday NightRain, with thunderstorms also possible after 11pm. Patchy fog after 3am. Low around 62. East wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
  • TuesdayShowers and possibly a thunderstorm. Patchy fog before 8am. High near 75. South wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
  • Tuesday NightA chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Ahhh life in tourist towns... gotta pay the bills somehow.

Indeed.  The noise can get tiring by day 10, but it's still a fun event and we have a ton of long time repeat guests who I really like. 

I wouldn't mind if Laconia courted a knitting rally or mime convention instead, though.

I wouldn't want to live in a normal town... tourist towns are great.  You live among people on vacation who are generally at their happiest and least stressed.

In other news, the white pines have selected today to belch out their thick drifting clouds of lime green pollen.

Today is arguably the best wx day of the year. Mid 70's with mid 50's dews and a light breeze with a strong sun. Sans skiing, you can do anything comfortably today. Only if you are on the beach would you want it more hot and humid. Sitting on my covered porch and rocking in the breeze and it couldn't feel more perfect to be alive. If it were hot and humid as a few prefer, I would be swatting gnats away from my face as they would be swarming towards the sweat beads forming on my forehead. Why would any human being not at the beach prefer that?

Today is arguably the best wx day of the year. Mid 70's with mid 50's dews and a light breeze with a strong sun. Sans skiing, you can do anything comfortably today. Only if you are on the beach would you want it more hot and humid. Sitting on my covered porch and rocking in the breeze and it couldn't feel more perfect to be alive. If it were hot and humid as a few prefer, I would be swatting gnats away from my face as they would be swarming towards the sweat beads forming on my forehead. Why would any human being not at the beach prefer that?

Good question.

Indeed.  The noise can get tiring by day 10, but it's still a fun event and we have a ton of long time repeat guests who I really like. 

I wouldn't mind if Laconia courted a knitting rally or mime convention instead, though.

I wouldn't want to live in a normal town... tourist towns are great.  You live among people on vacation who are generally at their happiest and least stressed.

In other news, the white pines have selected today to belch out their thick drifting clouds of lime green pollen.

I'm right with you... I've lived in Stowe for over 3 years now and the difference between even here and a place like Burlington (also touristy but has a much larger year-round population) is something I've really come to like.  Due to the tourists here there are tons of great places to eat, bars, live music, and just a lot more services (free bus route up and down through town) & stores than other similar sized VT towns.  I mean this small village in rural Vermont has 3 different supermarkets (a Shaws, a no-name brand, and a health foods one).

Living for a year in Jonesville/Richmond, VT which is a similar sized town but without a ski resort/tourist business...and it used to drive me crazy because the *only* store open past 8pm was a Cumberland Farms gas station.  There wasn't even a bar or something and the restaurants were all dark by 8-9pm.  I understand the folks that don't want to live in a tourist town as they don't want to deal with it, but I enjoy being able to live in the mountains,  play outside everyday, see 150 inches of snow in the winter, AND still be able to go see some live music then get a late night meal at 10pm if I want.  The tourists allow for mountain living but also with the conveniences of modern life...like great restaurants opened by chefs from NY or Boston looking to relocate to the country.  You get performance arts centers with good acts and musicians, lots of art galleries, etc. 

I just always laugh when there's some comment about why folks don't live up north because they like to go out to dinner and a movie once in a while. 

I'm right with you... I've lived in Stowe for over 3 years now and the difference between even here and a place like Burlington (also touristy but has a much larger year-round population) is something I've really come to like.  Due to the tourists here there are tons of great places to eat, bars, live music, and just a lot more services (free bus route up and down through town) & stores than other similar sized VT towns.  I mean this small village in rural Vermont has 3 different supermarkets (a Shaws, a no-name brand, and a health foods one).

Living for a year in Jonesville/Richmond, VT which is a similar sized town but without a ski resort/tourist business...and it used to drive me crazy because the *only* store open past 8pm was a Cumberland Farms gas station.  There wasn't even a bar or something and the restaurants were all dark by 8-9pm.  I understand the folks that don't want to live in a tourist town as they don't want to deal with it, but I enjoy being able to live in the mountains,  play outside everyday, see 150 inches of snow in the winter, AND still be able to go see some live music then get a late night meal at 10pm if I want.  The tourists allow for mountain living but also with the conveniences of modern life...like great restaurants opened by chefs from NY or Boston looking to relocate to the country.  You get performance arts centers with good acts and musicians, lots of art galleries, etc. 

I just always laugh when there's some comment about why folks don't live up north because they like to go out to dinner and a movie once in a while. 

Stowe has been advertising a lot this week on NESN during Red Sox games... :thumbsup:

Archived