Newest Member
    joxey
Swooning through June

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DPs are rising with the temps though...   

I mentioned this might happen to Scott, and that the DPs may end up busting too cool in the MOS' as so much BL/soil moisture input then being cooked by June sun made those 55 DPs seem underdone.

Afternoon's just beginning provided deep cloud holds off, I suggest you wait before high fiving on either side of that debate. 

DPs are rising with the temps though...   

I mentioned this might happen to Scott, and that the DPs may end up busting too cool in the MOS' as so much BL/soil moisture input then being cooked by June sun made those 55 DPs seem underdone.

Afternoon's just beginning provided deep cloud holds off, I suggest you wait before high fiving on either side of that debate. 

They'll get to like 58-61 or so..maybe a spot 62, but I don't see this airmass spiking into the mid to u60s or anything. Anyways, that's what I figure.

4 straight days below normal at ORH and BDL.... ORH put up a -10 yesterday.  Like Coastalwx always says, its easy this time of year to get above normal on sunny days, while the rainy days are almost always going to be below normal.

Those huge positive departures from the first 2-3 days of the month (+15 or so) have been reduced to only +2F now in interior SNE. 

They'll get to like 58-61 or so..maybe a spot 62, but I don't see this airmass spiking into the mid to u60s or anything. Anyways, that's what I figure.

Agreed... I'm thinking low 60s...  

Point intended, if the temp does hit 77, that's going to be a compromise between purer pleasant and uncomfortable so everyone wins and loses if that happens.

Agreed... I'm thinking low 60s...  

Point intended, if the temp does hit 77, that's going to be a compromise between purer pleasant and uncomfortable so everyone wins and loses if that happens.

60 or 61 is ok for temps below 80 I think...well at least for me anyways. Turned out to be a nice aftn....I was concerned we'd be left with clouds until like 2 or 3 or so..but it burned off a few hours earlier.

60 or 61 is ok for temps below 80 I think...well at least for me anyways. Turned out to be a nice aftn....I was concerned we'd be left with clouds until like 2 or 3 or so..but it burned off a few hours earlier.

Now this is more like climo for coastal storms... you guys clear out quite quickly down in SNE and we are left with murky low ceilings and persistent mist/drizzle on a light upslope flow.  Most stations up here are showing N/NW winds and with lots of low level moisture, we have no chance of clearing out with orographics.  It hasn't necessarily been raining per se, but its like a damp mist. 

Reminds me of winter storms when we really get no appreciable QPF but can add up that fluffy 40:1 ratio snow in light upslope flow.  In the winter that is welcomed...this time of year, the extra 12-18 hours of clouds/dampness isn't necessary, lol.  Guess I don't get to choose though.

Can easily see the thicker clouds from central VT on westward where the orographics are at play.

Archived