joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Swooning through June

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously insolation dependent, but we managed 77/61 last hour at FIT...   

Put it this way, I mowed the lawn and was soaked with sweat.  It's still humid enough to impact one cool-off rate.  That's why I figure it for a compromise on that petty squabble.   

Anyway, anyone notice the GFS brings winter back to eastern Canada ?

Sitting at 61/53.... put up a -16 on the high yesterday and so far today running -11. 

Only 2 of the first 8 days this month have had above normal daytime high temperatures up here (the first two days of the month).

Although we are +1.1F on the month, peoples' perspectives are a little different seeing the past 6 days have featured colder than normal afternoon temperatures. 

AN but nothing extreme. Low 80s

Not sure I buy this idea of boring out heights over eastern Canada quite so prodigiously.  The Euro has a dig fantasy in it's D6-10 range over eastern N/A ...particularly along and above 50N, and that impedes an appropriate ridge response farther S, when it is time for one to evolve.   I think with the NAO rising pretty significantly, and the operational runs bringing height falls into the Rockies, these do not support "as much" NW component into the NE CONUS as the operational Euro ends up with out in time. 

Promptly Tip makes a LR post...lol.

Ha! 

heh, it's LR, but more of an afterthought than a 'cast.    I just see that the GLAAM recently crashed hugely, and now the EPO and NAO are rising... We may be about to see more subtropical ridging taking over, whether current operational runs depict or not.  And they do actually ... but they are also simultaneously plagued by this imposing eastern Canadian suppressed westerlies.   

Course, a very valid discussion point is the seasonal wave lengths f with teleconnector implication of a -NAO, too.   So yeah....  we'll see.  The Glaam doing that is interesting though.

Just wait until your next visit to CH. You'll look like you have the chicken pox by the time you leave.

I know...they are brutal there. That's the one real downer about hanging out on a nice summer evening...mosquitoes completely ruin it for me. 

Archived