Newest Member
    joxey
Swooning through June

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The drought continues.

Well we get a really nice day today to prep us for the next round.  WIill be much nicer today than yestrday was at the Pit with progged upper 70's.  Yesterday, only managed a high of 67.0 att 11:00a.m., and then it ticked back from there.

57.7/53 already.  Time to go for a morning stroll.

Reality is what you make it and its a to three summer day. Enjoy the rain

I guessed you completely missed this post.

"Cool morning, warm and dry aftn with another cool night. Great stuff. Looks like the heat struggles to head to the northeast, but next weekend looks warm for now."

Doom and gloom post right there.

I guessed you completely missed this post.

"Cool morning, warm and dry aftn with another cool night. Great stuff. Looks like the heat struggles to head to the northeast, but next weekend looks warm for now."

Doom and gloom post right there.

Not as if the rain is four days away from happening - gloomy day starts tomorrow. Enjoying the living hell out of today in the meantime.

A beautiful day in the pocket today, let it rain during the workweek.

Mike - I believe the technical term is "whipped". Perhaps you'll have to take down a tree or two. Get your wood supply set up for 2021.

LOL.  Her first location choice has her tag 8 trees to take down.  I told her I could live with taking 7 of the 8, but the 8th was a deal-liller.  Of course, that 8th one was the most problematic for her desired placement.  I was pleading my case for another location.  My arguments included "look where the sun is--there's no way those can cast a shadow on the pool".  My favorite argument I made was "our prevailing winds are from the west, nw, sw.  Leaves will be blowing away from the pool."

FWIW, both her location and mine are still in full shade..........

Tomorrow doesn't look that bad. showers/storms start later in Pm and then storms tomorrow night/warm sector day Tuesday south of pike.

For heat lovers though it doesn't look pretty thru next weekend now. Euro ens FTL

Ensembles were warm, just not too hot. GFS brings the heat. I think we'll need another day or two to figure out.

Tomorrow doesn't look that bad. showers/storms start later in Pm and then storms tomorrow night/warm sector day Tuesday south of pike.

For heat lovers though it doesn't look pretty thru next weekend now. Euro ens FTL

Plenty of time for heat last week of June and July, it's still Spring....

Plenty of time for heat last week of June and July, it's still Spring....

Agree 100%. I find it helpful for me to consider how I'd think six months from now awaiting true winter cold. How many people would be tossing winter at this point? There'd be several nay-sayers, but most would just compalin that the real cold and snow would arrive in due time and to be patient.

That said, I'll take the lack of heat as long as we hold it off and eagerly await the arrival of the cool season once it does.

Do you have oil or gas/propane?

We have an oil burning steam heat in five rooms.  We installed electric in four rooms that were not on the heating system, and we have one that we have yet to heat (a guest room that we deal with a portable electric heater when needed (not very often).

We have two wood stoves which go 24/7 that provide nearly all of the downstairs heat, and keeps the upstairs tolerable as it rises up. 

We have an oil burning steam heat in five rooms.  We installed electric in four rooms that were not on the heating system, and we have one that we have yet to heat (a guest room that we deal with a portable electric heater when needed (not very often).

We have two wood stoves which go 24/7 that provide nearly all of the downstairs heat, and keeps the upstairs tolerable as it rises up. 

So where do you get all this wood from? Is it from trees on the property or delivery?

So where do you get all this wood from? Is it from trees on the property or delivery?

I cut it here at the Pit.  I'm converted some overgraown areas into lawn.  So, while I've taken down a lot of trees,I've' provided good spacing for the ones I've left up to thrive (I invariable think of Sophie's Choice when determining which stay/go).  Parts are still overcrowded and there's an acre or so that I've yet to touch.  So, I have enough to keep me busy for many years.

I'd rather allow for old-growth areas to emerge than have a ton of smaller trees that end up fighting each other with very few ever truly maturing.  There's nothing like 200 year-old trees.  I like to think that by doing this, there will be some magnificent trees here long after I get planted in the boneyard.

64.1/56

I cut it here at the Pit. I'm converted some overgraown areas into lawn. So, while I've taken down a lot of trees,I've' provided good spacing for the ones I've left up to thrive (I invariable think of Sophie's Choice when determining which stay/go). Parts are still overcrowded and there's an acre or so that I've yet to touch. So, I have enough to keep me busy for many years.

I'd rather allow for old-growth areas to emerge than have a ton of smaller trees that end up fighting each other with very few ever truly maturing. There's nothing like 200 year-old trees. I like to think that by doing this, there will be some magnificent trees here long after I get planted in the boneyard.

64.1/56

idk why but I picture you living like that Life Below Zero show. lol

Archived