gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Swooning through June

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTV has a good handle on this pattern... no signs of real summer weather for at least the next two weeks.  Just perfect days of 70-75F highs.

"The next several days will continue to be relatively cool and wet, with no signs of real summer-like weather for at least the next 2 weeks. This should translate to a lot of 70-75 degree days."

10542_485957134809526_1352344882_n.png

During the previous event BDL was 59/57 and today its 66/59.  I can't say that really seems all that different... but whatever makes folks feel better about the weather.

I just meant that it's just starting to rain, but even BDL is only 66. Chilly for mid june without heavy rain falling.

With strong winds and pouring rain. Today is nothing like Friday..nothing

Yeah its not in that regard, but no one is sitting outside tanning in the village greens across New England. 

These temps really aren't all that unusual for a warm up in like late March.  Its certainly not summer weather.

But I get what you are saying about the dews in the 60s as much as we like to rag on you.  I dont think you can tell the difference between 58-62F, that's picking at straws, but the difference between like 53F and 63F during rainfall will definitely produce a more humid environment.

BTV has a good handle on this pattern... no signs of real summer weather for at least the next two weeks.  Just perfect days of 70-75F highs.

"The next several days will continue to be relatively cool and wet, with no signs of real summer-like weather for at least the next 2 weeks. This should translate to a lot of 70-75 degree days."

10542_485957134809526_1352344882_n.png

Will folks up there be using heat in your estimation?

We had our appetizer the first couple days of the month, but we may be waiting a while for the main course. The chef might have forgotten about our order...no sign of summer really through the end of the period 10-12 days out.

We'll have to see if it tries to make an appearance at the end of June.

There's an interesting tendency in the posting behavior on this forum.  It seems a given day has to either be a top-10 gorgeous day in order for the forum to appreciate summer, otherwise, the pendulum swings violently past fair-and-balanced perspective into a gang-bang effort to depreciate summer.  

So much so in fact that people start posting about cold coastals and what-if it were snow scenarios/fantasies.   ...in June mind you.   Makes me laugh.  It's still summer, and all we can take from this is that we are [most likely] headed for a cool, wet-anomalous June. 

Meh, it's just more of that same old bag of allowing one's emotions to be plugged in and guided by whatever the weather is doing, and "weather" that connects with their personal druthers for experience.   Rather than treating it purely as a science and a wonder.  

I used to be that way as a teenager in all honesty.  The ghost storm of all storms, January of 1987 cured me of that once and for all.  I was emotively keyed up to a fever pitch by NWS' scrolling tickers along the bottom of the TV warning of a 1978 redux.  Waking up in the morning to dim sun, biting cold and a few flurries ... no words. Just hate. 

Anyway, I have my doubts about tomorrow warm sectoring much N of NYC.    

There's an interesting tendency in the posting behavior on this forum.  It seems a given day has to either be a top-10 gorgeous day in order for the forum to appreciate summer, otherwise, the pendulum swings violently past fair-and-balanced perspective into a gang-bang effort to depreciate summer.  

So much so in fact that people start posting about cold coastals and what-if it were snow scenarios/fantasies.   ...in June mind you.   Makes me laugh.  It's still summer, and all we can take from this is that we are [most likely] headed for a cool, wet-anomalous June. 

Meh, it's just more of that same old bag of allowing one's emotions to be plugged in and guided by whatever the weather is doing, and "weather" that connects with their personal druthers for experience.   Rather than treating it purely as a science and a wonder.  

I used to be that way as a teenager in all honesty.  The ghost storm of all storms, January of 1987 cured me of that once and for all.  I was emotively keyed up to a fever pitch by NWS' scrolling tickers along the bottom of the TV warning of a 1978 redux.  Waking up in the morning to dim sun, biting cold and a few flurries ... no words. Just hate. 

Anyway, I have my doubts about tomorrow warm sectoring much N of NYC.    

You shouldn't get emotionally involved with weather.

We had our appetizer the first couple days of the month, but we may be waiting a while for the main course. The chef might have forgotten about our order...no sign of summer really through the end of the period 10-12 days out.

We'll have to see if it tries to make an appearance at the end of June.

Agree . As long as dews are up and it's a double roll kind of day it doesn't have to be 90

Well I don't consider those high dews. Esp from that station.

I'll start getting uncomfortable if the ASOS dews get over about 63-64F. If its like a 71/66 type rain, then its noticably stickier than this 65/58 stuff which feels more refreshing than anything.

Well I don't consider those high dews. Esp from that station.

I'll start getting uncomfortable if the ASOS dews get over about 63-64F. If its like a 71/66 type rain, then its noticably stickier than this 65/58 stuff which feels more refreshing than anything.

I love how he just neglects the fact he's a far cry from his normal high and masks the cooler air with overzealous dewpoint readings from his Davis.

Will folks up there be using heat in your estimation?

No.  I certainly won't. 

This time of year I'll let my house get down to like 50F... but its gotta be cold for days for that to happen.  I've got a lot of windows and a bright house, so it warms up quickly during the day this time of year.  No way I'm paying for heat in June.  I'll just put a hoodie on or something.

You shouldn't get emotionally involved with weather.

I don't -- if you read that whole thing, it was clear, that/those experience of my youth taught me the futility of that emotional involvement.   In fact, I find the greater breadth of Meteorologica facets more interesting now as an adult, as it has allowed me to open eyes.  When the local timescale climate variability occurs, I can drop the fantasy on a dime and move into the new paradigm/perspective with equal passion.   But it's purer cerebral in nature.   It's why I sometimes wonder if this is not a weather board in the stricter sense of what that should mean.

I couldn't care any less if their is snow pack in the winter -- although, I do admit to one guilty pleasure in that regard. I like to see if the weather can challenge that seemingly impenetrable 36", between storm snow pack barrier.  It seems there's something magical about that depth of snow, where the atmosphere always manages to cook something up that compresses, or melts, or does whatever to ensure the snow doesn't get any deeper.  And I am talking about elevations below 1,000 feet.  Obviously this does not apply to the Berks, Greens and Whites.  I will also admit that if it is drab weather for more than a week's worth of time, that can wear on me -- but it's less about emotion/mood, and more about being annoying that I can't play Disk Golf, or worrying about my garden and other outdoor stuff.   

No. I certainly won't.

This time of year I'll let my house get down to like 50F... but its gotta be cold for days for that to happen. I've got a lot of windows and a bright house, so it warms up quickly during the day this time of year. No way I'm paying for heat in June. I'll just put a hoodie on or something.

Why would Tim Kelly tweet that out?

I don't -- if you read that whole thing, it was clear, that/those experience of my youth taught me the futility of that emotional involvement.   In fact, I find the greater breadth of Meteorologica facets more interesting now as an adult, as it has allowed me to open eyes.  When the local timescale climate variability occurs, I can drop the fantasy on a dime and move into the new paradigm/perspective with equal passion.   But it's purer cerebral in nature.   It's why I sometimes wonder if this is not a weather board in the stricter sense of what that should mean.

I couldn't care any less if their is snow pack in the winter -- although, I do admit to one guilty pleasure in that regard. I like to see if the weather can challenge that seemingly impenetrable 36", between storm snow pack barrier.  It seems there's something magical about that depth of snow, where the atmosphere always manages to cook something up that compresses, or melts, or does whatever to ensure the snow doesn't get any deeper.  And I am talking about elevations below 1,000 feet.  Obviously this does not apply to the Berks, Greens and Whites.  I will also admit that if it is drab weather for more than a week's worth of time, that can wear on me -- but it's less about emotion/mood, and more about being annoying that I can't play Disk Golf, or worrying about my garden and other outdoor stuff.   

The thing is, we all love wx and have a passion for it in some shape or form. We love to see interesting wx so it's natural to have some sort of emotion attached to it. Now if you're 34 yrs old and cry when it changes to rain...perhaps you may have issues...but a sense of disappointment certainly is allowed.

Archived