Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Swooning through June

CoastalWx

But in summer we want summer. Summer begets summer

lol... we all know you wake up dreaming of snow, too.  Driving to work fist bumping the air as the music blares....just dreaming of 2"/hr snows and an impassible left lane on the interstate. 

That's why threads like the Feb 2013 Blizzard keep showing up near the top of the list. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We play in crappy weather ...it just sucks.  We actually have snow shoes.

Wow that's hardcore, I tend to quit when I can't feel my hands.  Try devens sometimes, it's obviously not as good as pyramids or maple hill but its on par with buffumville. Avoid league night on Wednesdays...its packed...even in the rain.  I really hope late June and July is true summer weather though, its enjoyable getting a good sweaty workout on the course while having a frosty

I'm surprised it came in so robust...still have my doubts about north of the pike, but for southern areas the threat certainly looks more probable.

Mother Nature loves her averages....just balancing out the dryness earlier in the year.

BTV put up its wettest May on record (since 1882) so now SNE has to put up some June records. Can we get some spots to 10" by mid-month?

I remember going to Fenway to see the Yankees on a June Sunday in 1970 with a nor'easter bearing in on us. It was early in Mel Stottlemyer's career and he was the only bright spot on a positively awful Yankee team. I think he won 20 that year? It poured and was quite windy right after the game for 12 hours. We also had a big June nor'easter in 1991 and again in 2000.

Euro has the same thing now...it has 0C line well into N Maine..even N NH for a brief frame. Def some snow on top of MWN if that happened. It has the +4C 850 line down into S CT early Sunday morning. That is a very cold airmass for 6/16.

Euro has the same thing now...it has 0C line well into N Maine..even N NH for a brief frame. Def some snow on top of MWN if that happened. It has the +4C 850 line down into S CT early Sunday morning. That is a very cold airmass for 6/16.

Yeah that sounds even colder than the GGEM... wow at +4C at H85 all the way down in CT. 

We have had our warm days mixed in here and there, but there's definitely a seasonal tendency this late spring/early summer (depending on how you want to look at it) for some big anomalous low heights over our area and northeast into the Maritimes.  We get a few nice days and then its a few days of rain/chill...rinse and repeat.  Each week you think, well we are probably done with that for a while, then another one shows up and we get a multi-day rain north-flow event.

Yeah that sounds even colder than the GGEM... wow at +4C at H85 all the way down in CT. 

We have had our warm days mixed in here and there, but there's definitely a seasonal tendency this late spring/early summer (depending on how you want to look at it) for some big anomalous low heights over our area and northeast into the Maritimes.  We get a few nice days and then its a few days of rain/chill...rinse and repeat.  Each week you think, well we are probably done with that for a while, then another one shows up and we get a multi-day rain north-flow event.

It has highs in SNE in the 60s with sunshine on Sunday...hard to pull that off in mid June. That would be impressive if that airmass happens as progged. It would threaten record lows in some spots Sunday morning as well.

It will probably modify some as we get closer, but the weekend looks awesome regardless. Though up by you, I think you'd have a dud on Saturday with leftover upslope garbage. Sunday would be pristine though.

Just looking through some of the afternoon progs... check out the Tuesday afternoon gradient tomorrow!

In the 70s on I-90 while RT 2 is struggling to get to 60?

That should be interesting to watch tomorrow... its a lost cause up this way with highs in the 50s and rain, but down in SNE that should make the Tolland Mtn Top happy to squeeze out a day in the 70s.  Even some 80s showing up in CT on the NAM tomorrow.

80F at HFD on southerly flow, while LWM is 59F with a NE wind?

It has highs in SNE in the 60s with sunshine on Sunday...hard to pull that off in mid June. That would be impressive if that airmass happens as progged. It would threaten record lows in some spots Sunday morning as well.

It will probably modify some as we get closer, but the weekend looks awesome regardless. Though up by you, I think you'd have a dud on Saturday with leftover upslope garbage. Sunday would be pristine though.

best spring ever?  I've enjoyed it!

Archived