• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Swooning through June

CoastalWx

Just looking through some of the afternoon progs... check out the Tuesday afternoon gradient tomorrow!

In the 70s on I-90 while RT 2 is struggling to get to 60?

That should be interesting to watch tomorrow... its a lost cause up this way with highs in the 50s and rain, but down in SNE that should make the Tolland Mtn Top happy to squeeze out a day in the 70s. Even some 80s showing up in CT on the NAM tomorrow.

80F at HFD on southerly flow, while LWM is 59F with a NE wind?

f30.gif

Yeah when we saw the dews spike into the 60's today that signaled the warm front would get up into N central Mass tomorrow. No heat but at least a summery feel. If we see sun tomorrow could fire some severe too

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has highs in SNE in the 60s with sunshine on Sunday...hard to pull that off in mid June. That would be impressive if that airmass happens as progged. It would threaten record lows in some spots Sunday morning as well.

It will probably modify some as we get closer, but the weekend looks awesome regardless. Though up by you, I think you'd have a dud on Saturday with leftover upslope garbage. Sunday would be pristine though.

Yeah as long as its sunny this time of year the temperature doesn't matter...its a nice day even at sunny and 60s.  Perfect for walking 18 on a Sunday afternoon.

I was thinking looking at that GGEM map that Saturday would likely be hit or miss up this way.  The low positions near northern Maine are pretty classic for orographics though the moisture is drying out.  But that is the true NW flow on those progs that would likely keep us cloudy, even if the moisture for rain isn't quite there.  But could very well be like this past Saturday when we had persistent upslope mist and the classic small droplet sheet rain that's produced in the low levels. 

Yeah when we saw the dews spike into the 60's today that signaled the warm front would get up into N central Mass tomorrow. No heat but at least a summery feel. If we see sun tomorrow could fire some severe too

Yeah I'm just bored and putting together some mountain forecasts for the next few days...nothing overly interesting up this way but that has a sneaky summer-feel tomorrow afternoon, at least in CT.  

Yeah as long as its sunny this time of year the temperature doesn't matter...its a nice day even at sunny and 60s.  Perfect for walking 18 on a Sunday afternoon.

I was thinking looking at that GGEM map that Saturday would likely be hit or miss up this way.  The low positions near northern Maine are pretty classic for orographics though the moisture is drying out.  But that is the true NW flow on those progs that would likely keep us cloudy, even if the moisture for rain isn't quite there.  But could very well be like this past Saturday when we had persistent upslope mist and the classic small droplet sheet rain that's produced in the low levels. 

Euro was printing out light QPF on Saturday there in the NW flow...so that's what I was envisioning as well.

Yeah I'm just bored and putting together some mountain forecasts for the next few days...nothing overly interesting up this way but that has a sneaky summer-feel tomorrow afternoon, at least in CT.

That map you posted kind of looks like the ORH setup posted in the 60th anny thread. Just a bit farther south with warm frontal placement

The regions appears to be battling some dry air/evaporation just yet but it's in the mail....  Strong warm frontal axis aligning west -east with 2+ PWAT air running over the top is a recipe for some impressive rain fall rates.  Low pressure moving E or ENE will likely cause a bit of llv wind/jet to run normal to that axis tonight.   Wow.   Could be raining thunderstorm rates with no lightning for much of the night.    

I can see why there is flood watches up.    

I'm not so sure the warm front gets very far N... Lows moving west to east tend to triple point under our lat, because east of the Berks and west of the Atlantic is a proverbial "bowl" in the atmosphere that gets particularly hard to scour out when it's saturated.  But then again ... this is June...  

Is it all day Friday? Or just Fri morning?Out of here for nice weekend?

Based on what Will said of the ECM and what the other guidance has, seems like Friday is a lost cause though the weekend could be sunny but chilly...except Saturday up here in the north where NW flow could keep it cloudy/drizzle.

Sounded like temps on the EURO were in the 60s with sunshine as H85 temps are real chilly for this time of year. Maybe we can get some record lows Saturday night if its clear/calm.

Based on what Will said of the ECM and what the other guidance has, seems like Friday is a lost cause though the weekend could be sunny but chilly...except Saturday up here in the north where NW flow could keep it cloudy/drizzle.

Sounded like temps on the EURO were in the 60s with sunshine as H85 temps are real chilly for this time of year. Maybe we can get some record lows Saturday night if its clear/calm.

Well we should see that modify as we move closer

Well we should see that modify as we move closer

Yeah I agree...but temps don't matter, as long as its sunny out its a nice weekend. I bet it ends up in the 60s north and 70s down your way.

Nothing you can't do in the 65-75F range in sun that you could do at 85-95F except maybe swim.

70/45 and sun makes me want to go walk 18 holes.

Archived