• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
5/29 Severe Threat

CT Rain

Of all the days for my damn car to die… It’s a Honda Accord, most reliable car I’ve ever had, no problems for literally over 100,000 miles but today it just refuses to start. Had to have it towed, leaving me without a chase vehicle on a day that may prove to be one of the more interesting days of the year… Or not, could go either way. Instability is currently lacking, but as others have pointed out, it doesn’t take much insolation to get things going. The sun is shining merrily away here in New Haven, mocking me. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you see these things) New Haven is probably out of play today no matter what, likely we’ll be marine-layered along with a good portion of southern and southeastern CT. None of the models show much CAPE along the shoreline, and on the RAP it actually looks like the instability that finally develops almost immediately gets pushed back a bit north and west, presumably by a sea breeze. Regardless, I’m forced by circumstances to sit this one out. Good luck to all those able to chase.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived