• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
5/29 Severe Threat

CT Rain

I certainly can buy the fact that some areas of CONUS will become more tornado prone in a warmer climate but as a whole there's really no link that's been established in any of the research. There are nuts who some people put on TV on both sides of the issue who don't know what they're talking about. 

I really cringe when people try to throw in the GW argument because an EF5 moves through a populated area. Like I said...maybe there is an underlying thing we can't isolate, but it is completely irresponsible and just plain dumb to use that argument after seeing emotional footage from a tornado ravaged town. It just does the science a complete disservice.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really cringe when people try to throw in the GW argument because an EF5 moves through a populated area. Like I said...maybe there is an underlying thing we can't isolate, but it is completely irresponsible and just plain dumb to use that argument after seeing emotional footage from a tornado ravaged town. It just does the science a complete disservice.

EF5s are pulled in by the UHI

I had to scramble today in school when I had 33 students come in on rather short notice (a meeting required 2 teachers and no subs available).

I popped on the 2011 Outbreak video with him...he did ok, but yeah...

He's just....well a knucklehead to say the least.

I certainly can buy the fact that some areas of CONUS will become more tornado prone in a warmer climate but as a whole there's really no link that's been established in any of the research. There are nuts who some people put on TV on both sides of the issue who don't know what they're talking about. 

If anything, many believe that tornadoes will become less frequent in a warming world due to a decreased temperature gradient between the middle latitudes and the high latitudes. Decreased shear as a result. A warming world may give us more pulsers with heavy rainfall, but tornadoes need that shear component.

Those people must never have heard of the Tri State Tornado......That was an F5 on steroids !

Archived