Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
5/29 Severe Threat

CT Rain

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ef2 was confirmed west of ALB yesterday.

Came close, but I couldn't quite catch up.

post-533-0-71265000-1369945265_thumb.jpg

I saw a lot of cars under overpasses in the vicinity of that thing and I'm really wondering if any of them saw it. I was only about 10-15 minutes behind. I didn't notice much damage along I-90 in the vicinity. Just some leaves and a few branches down. 

I wanted to keep up with the line, otherwise I would have checked around for more damage. I got off I-787 in Troy and saw a fair number of smaller limbs and branches down. Flash flooding, lots of police activity and sirens. I didn't look around much though. 

post-533-0-24635200-1369945355_thumb.jpg

EF-1 tornado confirmed in Schoharie county:

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE ALBANY NY
506 PM EDT THU MAY 30 2013

...PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT...

TORNADO TOUCHDOWN IN SCHOHARIE COUNTY ON WEDNESDAY MAY 29 2013.

LOCATION...SUMMIT AND EAST JEFFERSON IN SCHOHARIE COUNTY NEW YORK.

DATE...05/29/2013.

ESTIMATED TIME...710-715 PM.

MAXIMUM EF SCALE RATING...EF-1.

ESTIMATED MAXIMUM WIND SPEED...100 MPH.

ESTIMATED PATH WIDTH...200 YARDS.

PATH LENGTH...2 MILES WIDE.

* FATALITIES...NONE.
* INJURIES...NONE.

* THE INFORMATION IN THIS STATEMENT IS PRELIMINARY AND SUBJECT TO
CHANGE PENDING FINAL REVIEW OF THE EVENT AND PUBLICATION IN
NWS STORM DATA.

...SUMMARY...BRIEF TOUCHDOWN ALONG RIDGE LINE SEEN FROM JUNCTURE
OF DUTCH HILL ROAD AND WHARTON HOLLOW ROAD. DOZENS OF SOFT AND
HARD WOOD TREES FALLEN IN DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS AND SHEARED OFF.
ALSO TREES DOWN IN DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS ALONG ENID ROAD AND
PERAGLIA ROAD.

$

SND/TAW/LFM

$

Probably not, now the fact is more will be discovered  which is cool but statistics guys will point to it as another proof of GW.

Eh... I don't really care what people say until it's in the literature. There are misinformed people on both sides of the debate. 

Probably not, now the fact is more will be discovered  which is cool but statistics guys will point to it as another proof of GW.

TOR counts are probably the weakest correlation when it comes to arguing GW. We are reporting exponentially more tornadoes thanks to technology, smart phones, and more spotters. That's not to say there may be an underlying thing going on....but good luck proving that. Much more sensitive to ENSO and even decadal regimes.

TOR counts are probably the weakest correlation when it comes to arguing GW. We are reporting exponentially more tornadoes thanks to technology, smart phones, and more spotters. That's not to say there may be an underlying thing going on....but good luck proving that. Much more sensitive to ENSO and even decadal regimes.

Exactly...in fact, ever since the early 90's when the explosion of Doppler Radar's were installed, tornado averages have sky rocketed.  

I certainly can buy the fact that some areas of CONUS will become more tornado prone in a warmer climate but as a whole there's really no link that's been established in any of the research. There are nuts who some people put on TV on both sides of the issue who don't know what they're talking about. 

Archived