EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
5/29 Severe Threat

CT Rain

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw lots of tree down reports, what happenned in Litchfield?

215 UNK SALISBURY LITCHFIELD CT 4198 7342 MULTIPLE TREES AND WIRES DOWN (ALY)                 0223 UNK NORFOLK LITCHFIELD CT 4199 7320 MULTIPLE TREES AND WIRES DOWN

Damage wasn't too bad up there. Seems like Norfolk and Colebrook had some pockets of tree damage. 

Ginx - check out all the GR2A grabs here.

http://ryanhanrahan.com/2013/05/30/at-least-2-tornadoes-touch-down-near-albany-ny/

You can hotlink them into this thread if you want I'm just too lazy right now.

As for today... surprised we're not in a "see text". 

nice write up Ryan. I also liked the write up about the NH tornado. nice work!

question-what is a QLCS?

Went through Norfok on the way home last night on Rt. 44 and didn't see anything going through where we did, though lots of leaf debris in the streets.  Only tree damage we saw was just north of Caannan virtually right on the MA/CT border and it was one tree hanging just above the road...being held up by something.

Nice write up Ryan. Classic spin up in the second example..bottom up!

Thanks Scooter. It was cool to see 2 simultaneous TDS from different convective modes. Also cool was the bow echo that maintained a supercelluar structure for a while.

Scott,

I know today isn't a big severe day.  But my friend is down and even if it's just t'storms we like to go after them and see what kind of cloud features and such they provide.

Anyways,  we were going to go to his place, in SW NH so he could get his check and do wash, however, how much activity or what's the likilihood of storms down here?  If decent, we will skip the wash part and just come right back down.

Scott,

I know today isn't a big severe day.  But my friend is down and even if it's just t'storms we like to go after them and see what kind of cloud features and such they provide.

Anyways,  we were going to go to his place, in SW NH so he could get his check and do wash, however, how much activity or what's the likilihood of storms down here?  If decent, we will skip the wash part and just come right back down.

Eh, it looks scattered to me right now. Might be one of those days where one cell really goes to town, but best guess for sct activity is BDL-PVD-TAN and south. 

Archived