• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Love Snow
    Newest Member
    Love Snow
CT Rain

Moore, OK Tornado 5/20/2013

The neighborhood that Mike bettis is in looks pretty terrible. Well built brick homes reduced to rubble. Sounds like the tornado maxed out in intensity at the worst possible time.

With 37 dead, this already eclipses May 3, wow.

Hard to fathom. Moore and surrounding communities are probably some of the most educated and able to respond to tornado threats. Some storms just aren't survivable. 

Man, people on TWC (couple) saw the tornado coming at them and got in their car to try to outrun it.

Once they hit the main road, a lot of congestion.they're lucky to be alive. That's exactly what you don't do!!!!

Any loss of life is bad but if that many kids are part of the total then :( x infinity

Man, people on TWC (couple) saw the tornado coming at them and got in their car to try to outrun it.

Once they hit the main road, a lot of congestion.they're lucky to be alive. That's exactly what you don't do!!!!

yeah I watched that traffic jam live... that was so awful.

My question is why doesn't a school in Moore Ok have a large storm shleter?

These questions will have to be asked later....

My question is why doesn't a school in Moore Ok have a large storm shleter?

Just a guess, but the usual reason is tax money.

yeah I watched that traffic jam live... that was so awful.

Yeah when I saw that I knew it could get ugly. Then when the chaser came across multiple cars thrashed on the highway I knew some of the worst fears were coming true. Major road with a traffic jam and a monster tornado bearing down.

Hundreds of kids at an ES, that would have to be a HUGE storm shelter. Doesn't seem practical on a lot of levels. 

Yeah, they'd have to build it as a multi-purpose underground space. Stick some classrooms down there and use it as an emergency shelter. But that would be incredibly expensive.

Hearing reports of people looting. That's just disgusting after a lot of these people in those neighborhoods have lost everything.

Hearing reports of people looting. That's just disgusting after a lot of these people in those neighborhoods have lost everything.

Should be you loot, I shoot.

If I lived in one of those slab foundation homes I would have gladly taken my chances in a car trying to get the hell out. Couldn't be any worse than staying home.