Newest Member
    northernriwx
Mid May cold snap

Ginx snewx

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is awful. My condolences

Nah, it's great.  A taste of winter as spring transitions to summer (not my favorite season).  I enjoy living in a place that radiates well at night but is still cooler than the valley during the day.  Best of both worlds.

Interesting factoid this morning - my 4" ground temp was 45 which is the coldest May ground temperature since I started keeping track of that in 2001.

how does that even happen, he is 15 degrees warmer? Wow

Had 30º IMBY this am. Frosty out there. Think the Rev has a heat lamp on his thermometer.   :snowing:

I think it's because he's a hilltop...even my station over 1,000' in Union was below freezing so it wasn't an elevation thing.  Maybe it's the thermal reaction to grass clippings decaying heating up the neighborhood?  :D

Frost everywhere as I drove in this morning despite having no warnings or advisories.

So when I question someone's temp the other day I get all kinds of whining and crap for it. But then I post my temp and 5 people troll and question it then its ok? See how this works.. My low was 43.7.

For the record I wasn't trying to troll - I believe your temp.  It's because you are on a hilltop and not near a 1,000' surrounded by hills.  On the other side, just about everyone around you had a frost/freeze so it does stand out.

So when I question someone's temp the other day I get all kinds of whining and crap for it. But then I post my temp and 5 people troll and question it then its ok? See how this works.. My low was 43.7.

I did not troll just asked how it could happen. I was frost free at 525 feet and 34, just down he hill from me frost everywhere and people were scrapping windshields as we drove by. I was just amazed there was a 15 degree difference.

Nope. Not trolling. I think most folks realize that sometimes lower elevations get colder. Looking at the temps around SNE, yours is easier to believe than those of use who got down around 30.

Archived