December 19th-20 Storm Thread III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Current NE Americanwx grief stage index- 4-5

1 Denial (this isn't happening to me!)

2 Anger (why is this happening to me?)

3 Bargaining (I promise I'll be a better person if...)

4 Depression (I don't care anymore)

5 Acceptance (I'm ready for whatever comes)

Current radar and WV is putrid, have to see where the pivot takes place and the inverted trough sets up, FYI this is NOT a retro situation. Could be interesting for a lot of people.

It's not going to be interesting for anyone.

Like I said last night, cute trend, but it would level off and tic back.

Nice to see mdels dropping the Mon night-Wed snows on all of us now..Hopefully it can get all the way back to NY state

Thats awfully nice of you, nothing for you and I but our friends to the east may do ok, but we know how the euro did with retro snows last week.

I wish them well.

Maybe Wachusett can loan BOS a few snow guns before the week is done to save them

Rays year of futility drags on

I'd be shocked if we don't salvage a mod event from this next threat....that would mesh really well with what I had outlined for this mnth; below avg-avg snow with subnormal temp departures and much angst due to highly anomalous FAILS.

I don't expect a virtual December shutout, however.

I'd be shocked if we don't salvage a mod event from this next threat....that would mesh really well with what I had outlined for this mnth; below avg-avg snow with subnormal temp departures and much angst due to highly anomalous FAILS.

but ray don't you think we earned the record. with all the potential last year and then this year with the "good set up". the inv trough goes out to sea only takes model error 50 miles east 3 days out. then xmas threat is supressed and bingo record.

but ray don't you think we earned the record. with all the potential last year and then this year with the "good set up". the inv trough goes out to sea only takes model error 50 miles east 3 days out. then xmas threat is supressed and bingo record.

You have lost it pickles.

You need some sleep, I know how you feel, been there done that, but now its just crazy talk.

:lmao:

I'm just telling you what I feel will happen....I think I'll tally about 4-8" of snow on the month when all is said and done; it's difficult for me to fathom a shut out given the regime that we have been in.

Wow...have a gander at the 06z GFS, that pg is just about '78 esc, but it's progressive and further se than I would like.....not that any of that matters at this range.

Only takes one event to bring most of us to average and we have 10 days to do it.

NWS ALB. keeping the Xmas threat on the table for now. I'll embrace the GFS for the time being.

FRIDAY NIGHT INTO CHRISTMAS...A POSITIVELY TILTED UPPER TROUGH SETS

UP EAST OF THE MS RIVER VALLEY. A SIGNIFICANT STORM ACCORDING TO

THE MEDIUM RANGE DETERMINISTIC GUIDANCE COULD IMPACT THE MID

ATLANTIC REGION...AND POTENTIALLY THE NORTHEAST. THE GFS IS THE

MOST AGGRESSIVE TAKING THE SYSTEM FURTHER NORTHWARD UP THE COAST

TOWARD NY AND NEW ENGLAND. THE ECMWF TAKES IT SOUTH OF THE ALY FCST

AREA ON CHRISTMAS. THE 00Z GEFS INDICATED A 30-50 PERCENT CHANCE OF

A QUARTER OF AN INCH OF QPF BTWN 18Z 25 DEC TO 06Z 26 DEC FROM THE

CAPITAL REGION SOUTH AND EAST. THE SRN HLF OF THE FCST AREA MAY GET

SOME LIGHT TO POTENTIALLY MODERATE SNOWFALL FROM THE DEFORMATION

ZONE OF THE SYSTEM. OVERALL...HAVE KEPT SOME SLIGHT TO LOW CHANCE

POPS IN CHRISTMAS PM...AND BETTER CHANCE POPS IN THE OVERNIGHT

PERIOD. ENSEMBLE PLUME FOR KALB INDICATES QUITE A BIT OF

UNCERTAINTY/SPREAD IN TERMS OF LITTLE TO NO SNOWFALL VS. QUITE A BIT

WITH THIS SYSTEM. WE WILL WATCH THE TRENDS WITH THIS STORM SYSTEM

CAREFULLY OVER THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS.

You've got borderling warning snows coming Wednesday/Thursday

You have lost it pickles.

You need some sleep, I know how you feel, been there done that, but now its just crazy talk.

:lmao:

lol then fine i will be optomistic

here we go

look at the precip shiled developing of S. NJ coast here http://www.intellica...62&animate=true and here http://www.intellica...14&animate=true

the next 6 hours are when things are supposed to try and get going. the nam could have had a burp run poisened by convective feed back at 6z ....lets see what 12z shows in 45 minutes.

john (typthoon) said that we need to watch this area yesterday in his post......and ill be damned if i'm gonna stay up to 3 an and let one bad nam run take the wind out my sails. if 12z nam comes back more amped with this energy approaching / hitting n. j coast then i will have hope .....game freakin on.

surface maps show there is a lp about 100 miles e of hatteras at least here does http://www.ssd.noaa....l/flash-wv.html

just ignore the area near 28/75 hopefully that craps out...well it actually looks abit strung out anyway.

i wanna watch some energy transfer from SE of hatteras to N of hatteras off delmarva

Archived