joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 19th-20 Storm Thread III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think once all the data is sampled...we will see a nw adjustment from the 8 straight days of 150 miles se of the bm track. LOL.

This event has to be one of the most sensitive potential cyclogenesis events I have seen in a long time dependent upon so many small scale weather features interacting with one another at the right time. That said, there is a distinct possibility the models don't get this right all the way up until the event. Will be interesting to see if they ever actually catch on to a definitive solution, but there is an outside shot (small, but a chance) they don't catch on until the very last second.

i see moisture converging at 37 / 69 http://www.ssd.noaa....l/flash-wv.html I DO like that wv trend

would be nice to get one giant conslidating low in that area being pulled back by a 5H trough going negative tilt

Sharp gradient.

yup u can't write this off just yet. this is now cast. THE ONLY reason i'm still beating this dead horse zuck....err ....anyway is that models are keying in on a MAIN PIECE of vorticity SE of NC that may not be the MAIN SHOW. and if it's not and we have this sharp gradient on the nam....then it's now cast time

who's coming with me

if someone would like to placate a special needs patient (me) then could they tell me if there is any significane to this "moving part" rotating thru n. alabam/miss tennessee. the reason i ask is because i know that big low in the pac nw is firing short waves like weenies over the weak west ridge and i wonder if this is an example of that. i also didn' think there was supposed to be anything that close on the heels of the SW coming off the jersey coast now and it makes that look like it could dig more.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/nwatl/flash-wv.html

Does the 12Z have any merit for Maine? The one thing I will say is that it has been consistant showing snow for three runs now. The GFS is far different, which is troubling since the NAM and GFS have been piggypacking on similar solutions it seemed for awhile now. I need to see the 12Z GFS before getting excited...

A few things. NAM obviously is a delight for this old weenie sitting in eastern MA but it may not be fast enough with push #1. I suspect we have light snow moving into the area around dinner time tonight and it will end by morning. By then, we should have model consensus on where the trof s going to go (inverted). Also, FOUS (NAM) shows big snows for PWM but borderline bl temps for BGR on NE.

Does the 12Z have any merit for Maine? The one thing I will say is that it has been consistant showing snow for three runs now. The GFS is far different, which is troubling since the NAM and GFS have been piggypacking on similar solutions it seemed for awhile now. I need to see the 12Z GFS before getting excited...

0z Euro showed something like 0.5" QPF for us if what I read last night is correct. I'd opt for that right now and see what it sells us at 12z.

This NAM run is not going to verify.

A few things. NAM obviously is a delight for this old weenie sitting in eastern MA but it may not be fast enough with push #1. I suspect we have light snow moving into the area around dinner time tonight and it will end by morning. By then, we should have model consensus on where the trof s going to go (inverted). Also, FOUS (NAM) shows big snows for PWM but borderline bl temps for BGR on NE.

Fine with me, I am a little north of Portland, ME. I think I would be happy with a solid 3-6 at this point, since I know it won't go anywhere by Christmas.

Archived