12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 19th-20 Storm Thread III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah...204hr is the first truncated panel. Maybe I'm missing what you guys are talking about here. :)

Either way...yeah that's still somewhat out in fairy tale land and a lot can go wrong. There seems to be a good chance for a storm somewhere though.

Yeah, Probably Dc and Ric...........

Although the lack of heavy QPF over the area, the 00z CMC has taken a huge leap towards the NAM and GFS H5 patterns. Remarkable how much of a change has occurred within 24 hours. H5 closes off furhter southwest then previous 12z run and also the surface low is further southwest as well. THis will likely show a better QPF resolution for the 12z run tomorrow.

Although the lack of heavy QPF over the area, the 00z CMC has taken a huge leap towards the NAM and GFS H5 patterns. Remarkable how much of a change has occurred within 24 hours. H5 closes off furhter southwest then previous 12z run and also the surface low is further southwest as well. THis will likely show a better QPF resolution for the 12z run tomorrow.

Trend is our friend......... :thumbsup:

Ggem is a whiff for everyone. Just a windbag.

I am looking at the trending the model is doing and it is a clear sign that it wants a track similar to the 00z NAM. While the NAM may be bullish with the QPF amounts, it is not however on the H5 setup, because the GFS and CMC have trended towards it with a faster close up of the H5 trough and a more southwestward adjustment then previous 12z run. QPF is also a lot closer to the coastline while the 12z CMC yesterday had a total whiff out to sea. I think the signs are clear, the NAM could have this one right.

So realistically Cape Cod has a decent shot a plowable snowstorm now. The rest of E. Mass and maybe RI should be thrilled to get a few inches and guarantee a white christmas that way.

The GGEM tickles the Cape with at most 2mm I think.

I am looking at the trending the model is doing and it is a clear sign that it wants a track similar to the 00z NAM. While the NAM may be bullish with the QPF amounts, it is not however on the H5 setup, because the GFS and CMC have trended towards it with a faster close up of the H5 trough and a more southwestward adjustment then previous 12z run. QPF is also a lot closer to the coastline while the 12z CMC yesterday had a total whiff out to sea. I think the signs are clear, the NAM could have this one right.

well hope you are right, would love to get 2-3" of snow as we head towards x-mas week.. kids would be stoked.

Will, it would appear the NAM is too bullish on QPF, but I can't say that I don't see an appreciable trend at H5 with the latest GFS and CMC towards a sooner phase, a faster H5 closed low and a further south H5 low as this storm progresses. The models are hanging the low back as it gets captured by the H5 low and tries to occlude southeast of Nova Scotia. 00z EURO is the most progressive with, taking the storm out to sea quickly. 00z trends towards a better H5 setup and the surface low and QPF trend NW, but not close enough until 12z run to get everyone excited.

Archived