Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - second half of March 2013

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice storm for March. I'm putting 3.3" in the books for this one. Second biggest storm of the season. This brings the season total to 19.2" which is below the seasonal average of 26.5". All in all, a very quiet 19.2". We nickel and dimed our way to get what we did. Maybe next year will be our year.

A few things I learned this season.

1. Don't bet against the pattern.

2. Miller B's can and will disappoint.

3. Don't trust the Nam precip totals.

I appreciate the mets and others who share their knowledge and insight on this forum. I have learned a lot this season. Thanks.

Alright guys, lets give a favorite storm and least favorite storm of the season to wrap up winter.

Favorite: 12/29/12...This one was a big time over achiever for Lycoming County in general. 2 to 4 forecast we ended up with a hair over 6.

Least Favorite: IF this counts, Hurricane Sandy. Barely any wind and rain was very pedestrian. February 8th debacle close 2nd...with forecast of 4 to 8 we had 1 inch.

Alright guys, lets give a favorite storm and least favorite storm of the season to wrap up winter.

Favorite: 12/29/12...This one was a big time over achiever for Lycoming County in general. 2 to 4 forecast we ended up with a hair over 6.

Least Favorite: IF this counts, Hurricane Sandy. Barely any wind and rain was very pedestrian. February 8th debacle close 2nd...with forecast of 4 to 8 we had 1 inch.

Wasn't here for that one, my favorite is probably the surprise 3" or so we got in February (I think?). Quick evening thump that stuck to everything. Overall an OK winter, didn't get to see a warning criteria snow but we nickel and dimed our way to 42" for the season.

My favorite was the February 13th event, with the snowflakes that were big enough to knock someone out (youtube video below). Close second was the 14.6" between the series of snow events Christmas week. Honorable mention was the thundersnow we got last Monday.

since all events were small down here, my favorite would be the xmas eve mood snow.

For me it was the 12/29 event even though it wasn't the largest accumulation of the season. That storm, for about an hour or so, produced the most intense rates out of all the storms.

Favorite: 12/29/12...This one was a big time over achiever for Lycoming County in general. 2 to 4

forecast we ended up with a hair over 6.

Least Favorite: IF this counts, Hurricane Sandy. Barely any wind and rain was very pedestrian.

February 8th debacle close 2nd...with forecast of

4 to 8 we had 1 inch.

My favorite was yesterday...nothing else even close. Still have about 1.5" left in the back yard.

Sheesh...silver dollar sized?

Pretty much, some of them were near golf ball size.. and it snowed like that for over an hour. Btw I liked your rolling obs video in the one Philly thread. If your ever in this neck of the woods in the wintertime, Altoona to Ebensburg rolling obs would be an adventure on a snowy day haha. 

Archived