joxey
Central PA - second half of March 2013

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Per spotter reports, I tried to utilize more recent ones:

FIG - 2.8" (as of 8:15am) <-- my report

UNV- approx 2-3"

AOO - 5.0" (the total reported by myself as well as someone from Hollidaysburg on the southern end of Altoona)

JST - 6.5"

MDT - haven't seen anything recent

It looks like your call on those select locations did pretty well.

but our total for today was 3" before the melting started...if this was jan i think we would have had 4-5" easily.

My neighbor told me via text that IMBY we got 3.

Looks like York County wrestled the snow championship belt from Altoona/Blair County.

Yea it's about time for those folks haha. Looks like the Cambria/Somerset warnings verified on especially their western terrain with Chickaree having 8" and Laurel Summit with 9". I've lost track of the exact count, but pretty sure we're close to cracking 50" for the season here. I know i'm more than satisfied and am ready to turn the corner and get into some legit spring weather. Looks like the below average temperature regime will continue to linger for awhile, but the longer range Euro and GFS are starting to show signs of getting out of this pattern. The tremendously negative AO is forecast to ease (although stay negative) so we should see moderating temps later this week but still below average relative to the time of year. But it is a start considering how wintry of a March this has been overall. I am of the opinion this is probably the last widespread snow event we will see, hopefully once we get into full fledge spring weather we won't be looking back and end up with a late freeze like last year.

I think Cashtown and Shippensburg probably passed Williamsport on the season today. Cashtown has himself quite a nice little snow jackpot for southern pa...has just enough elevation.

Today's 5.8" brings my season total to 31.5" with March now passing December for the snowiest month. Who would of known. I'd be interested in hearing other members season totals.

Yeah I live in york not far from Hanover and we saw about 6 inches arcoss the area. It didnt start till about 4:30 am and man did it come down fast. Im close to 20 inches on the year not as bad as last year. Had alot of 3 and 4 inch snow storms all winter. Im ready for another winter with big storms but cant complain to bad with an early start with the december snow and with this late season snow. I came up about 12 inchs short of the average.

If we got more post storm snow showers down here, i'd give you a run for your money. haha (not really)

i

MAG has us all beat except for the poster in latrobe (sorry forgot your name) most likely.

also it has been snowing here all day but it just isnt heavy enough to add to our rapid melting.

i wish we had a few posters in in cresson, blue knob and in the LE belt

Today's 5.8" brings my season total to 31.5" with March now passing December for the snowiest month. Who would of known. I'd be interested in hearing other members season totals.

I didn't think it would happen, but we broke 40" here in Bellefonte. 41.4" or thereabouts for the season. No more than a couple inches below the average here. I'll take it, and will gladly move on to real spring weather.

October: T

November: 1.0"

December: 15.1"

January: 8.4"

February: 7.7" (nothing over 2.0")

March: 9.2"

Archived